N/A to turbo conversion?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mrbriggs

N/A to turbo conversion?

Post by mrbriggs »

Hi all,

I'm looking at a UK MR2 T-Bar (96) with a turbo conversion. What are the disadvantages of having a uk non turbo car with a turbo lump in it? Is the suspension/brakes not as good?
mrbriggs

Re: N/A to turbo conversion?

Post by mrbriggs »

ANYONE?!!
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

brakes, suspension etc. are exactly the same. Just check on the insurance front that you can insure a UK car with an engine transplant.
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

AFAIK the brakes are the same, but not the suspension, The UK car probaly won't have Bilstein Suspension that is stock on Turbo's.

I run a Turbo transplanted car with no issues.

Andy
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

The bilstein suspension is the same on the N/A's and turbos. I have removed suspesion from both a UK n/a and a rev3 turbo and they are identical and both have bilstein stamped on them somewhere.
Andy K

Post by Andy K »

That's great to know, I thought it was the only thing differing me from a true turbo, \:D/ ( I even have a stock boost gauge) are they the same part no? and not stiffer etc as Bens mr2 turbo faq suggests?

cheers
Andy
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

as far as i know, the only change in brakes and suspension happened between revision 1 and 2. From then on they were the same across the board. As i was advised once by Patrick at Rogue.
dawolf

Post by dawolf »

I presume the rev 2 didn't get treated to bilstein suspension parts? Mine had a KYB sticker on when imported.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”