HELP retract mirrors

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stuextreme

HELP retract mirrors

Post by stuextreme »

hi just put retract mirrors on my rev2 turbo got the 2 looms and relay box.

problem is press the retact button the passenger side works in and out. but the drivers side don't. if you push the mirror in it will retract but won't come in.

i've checked the plug again everythin looks ok there was one wire a red with white stripe and blue dashes that wasn't connected i've tryed with it plugged in and without.

could it be a break in the wire somewhere if so what colour/s am i looking for.

cheers stu
ChrisW

Re: HELP retract mirrors

Post by ChrisW »

Have you tried plugging the driver's mirror into the passenger's loom (and vice-versa) so you can tell if the problem is in the mirror or the loom?
stuextreme

Post by stuextreme »

not yet will try now and see how i get on [-o<

cheers stu
stuextreme

Post by stuextreme »

chris the drivers mirror works fine on the passeger side so must be the loom of some sort.

do you have any ideas or a ways of testing the loom

going to put the alarm wires to it now see if that makes a difference

cheers stu
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

It all just worked first time for me, and I don't have the wiring diagrams, so I'm not sure how to test it. :-k

You could use a multimeter to check the continuity on each wire between each end of the loom, e.g. between the connector for the mirror control buttons and the connector in the footwell.

It's also possible that the fault is in the relay box but I think the only way to test it is to swap with someone else's.

Where was that disconnected wire that you mentioned in your first post?
stuextreme

Post by stuextreme »

it was in the plug in the footwell when i got the loom the red and white wire wasn't connected just had a bullet connected to it.

i looked in the plug and the metal clip was still inside the plug and all corroded so fitted a new wire with a connecter and the yellow plug next to it is corroded to.

thats why i asked if anyone know the colours to the wires and i'm thinking the yellow one is broke

i think i will take it to an auto elec as i need the car back on the road.

thanks for your help chris your guide was spot on.

cheers stu
stuextreme

Post by stuextreme »

ok been to the auto electrician all day today trying to fix my mirror and still ain't done :(

he hasn't got the wiring diagram with retract mirrors on only the basic one. has anybody on here got one it would be a great help

also has anybody got a spare relay i can lend to test my mirrors as this might be the problem.
BLZ-8027

mirors

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Hi dont know how to attatch attatchments so if you mail me at [email protected], i will send you the one i have to see if its any good
also does anyone know how to wire these mirrors so that they retract when turning ignition off please????
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

I'm about to do the same myself shortly but mines going in to be done just incase

You probally been here but incase not

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=92
BLZ-8027

wiring

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Hi check out this link found this on this site and is good
http://opc.mr2oc.com/

Return to “Electrical”