supercharger rear clip plus extras

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

crazylegs

supercharger rear clip plus extras

Post by crazylegs »

for sale supercharger. front end damage only. the engine has done 70k mls and is perfect. it has not had a big pulley fitted so no extra strain on the components. it has air con and is an auto. you would get the complete car minus a few cosmetic parts.
you get the car,engine,supercharger,gearbox and linkages,ecu,loom,driveshafts,brakes,aircon,alternator,starter,inlet and exhaust manifold,loads i have not listed, in fact everything needed for a straight swap. you could have a supercharger swap in your car in a couple of day . no wiring issues,no extra parts to buy,nothing needed except a bit of labour.
i want to keep clocks,engine bay lid , lights,steering wheel and lock set. i can supply a replacement set of clocks but they would be in km. all these items are negotiable except the clocks.
the car has an mot until june (i think) next year and the insurance cat allows repair. so if you have the time and are brave it could be a restoration project.
£1200 or offers. you can see the sort of car this was by looking at my na in my profile. pictures can be provided of all or any parts if wanted.
crazylegs

Re: supercharger rear clip plus extras

Post by crazylegs »

no one want to make an offer ?
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

well one more try. someone must want a 4agze.
MartG

Post by MartG »

crazylegs wrote:well one more try. someone must want a 4agze.

If I wasn't moving house in a few weeks, and had room for it ( 5 other cars to fit in somewhere, inc the Mk1b it would be going in to :roll: ), I'd have it - unfortunately...... :(

Though if you still have it in a month or so......
ligertigon

Post by ligertigon »

If you broke it, I'd take the engine and ancillaries =P~
System-G

Post by System-G »

If you broke it, I'd have both rear hubs :wink:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Sharpfish

Post by Sharpfish »

What is the going price these days for good condition:

4agze + alternator / Relay/ IC / ECU / Loom / Dash cluster (with SC logo/light)

I'm hoping it won't come to it, but my sc conversion's body is undergoing treatement at the moment, it may end up too much work or too much money to fix for what the end product is worth.

I doubt I will sell it as I've had it for 5 years and done much bigger work on it (engine conversion, suspension etc) but I would be intested to know if parting out my car would be financially better than attempting to fix it. (Obv I would buy another car after that, though possibly something less prone to rust as much as I love the MK1 mr2).
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Sharpfish wrote:What is the going price these days for good condition:

4agze + alternator / Relay/ IC / ECU / Loom / Dash cluster (with SC logo/light)

I'm hoping it won't come to it, but my sc conversion's body is undergoing treatement at the moment, it may end up too much work or too much money to fix for what the end product is worth.

I doubt I will sell it as I've had it for 5 years and done much bigger work on it (engine conversion, suspension etc) but I would be intested to know if parting out my car would be financially better than attempting to fix it. (Obv I would buy another car after that, though possibly something less prone to rust as much as I love the MK1 mr2).

Paul, I sold my 4AGZE stuff, including everything needed to do a conversion, so SC lid, intercooler, hard pipes i had made up, spec was reasonably extensive, big pulley, AE92 spec etc...

Sold the complete 'everything needed to convert your NA' for £1K.

So based on that an AW11 engine with ecu and loom is going to be in the region of say £650ish, doubt it's worth over £750 tbh.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Sharpfish

Post by Sharpfish »

thanks for the info Lauren. Obv I have the big pulley also but as you say it's "just" the mr2 jdm spec gze. I saw the "proper" engine lids (which mine is) going for quite a bit on fensport/ebay at one time though.

Also I have retract mirrors, Sc lights, Mirrored T-Tops etc.

All pretty moot as I've decided hell will freeze over before I part with the car/bits.. Underneath it has virtually brand new suspension, superflex bushings, oil pump, radiator, ball joints all round etc

Then engine has about 70K on it now and is still going strong (touch wood). A compression test last year showed them all very close and spot on according to the spec needed. Would be mad to let that lot go for less than I would probably want to buy it all for again in a couple of years ;)

Tonight I got the crappy windscreen out using my patented giant blade/hammer and thankfully the metal on the roof in front of the t-bars isn't so bad, no holes or anything.

cheers
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Personally Paul, knowing you i'd say you should keep it and just get your bodyshell sorted as it sounds like you have a good running car there.

I'm sure the mirrorred t-tops, engine lid would generate a reasonable amount of money, but i think you'd be gutted once you had parted with them.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
mart1975

Post by mart1975 »

id be interested in the engine also, after ligertigon of course.
Sharpfish

Post by Sharpfish »

Lauren wrote:Personally Paul, knowing you i'd say you should keep it and just get your bodyshell sorted as it sounds like you have a good running car there.

I'm sure the mirrorred t-tops, engine lid would generate a reasonable amount of money, but i think you'd be gutted once you had parted with them.

Yeah, I think you are right (and I will). It was just the workload getting on top of me (and the cash being spent).

Cheers
ligertigon

Post by ligertigon »

Don't let me get in your way Mart :lol:
I'm weighing other options up

Return to “MR2s for Sale”