Seperate Sections

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimi

Seperate Sections

Post by jimi »

Are we going to have seperate Modificatios / Mechanical sections for MK1 / Mk2 / MK3
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour
poyntesm

Re: Seperate Sections

Post by poyntesm »

jimi wrote:Are we going to have seperate Modificatios / Mechanical sections for MK1 / Mk2 / MK3

Maybe. Now that site is up and running we will look at the best way to organize all the posts.

Regards
Esmond
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

jimi wrote:Are we going to have seperate Modificatios / Mechanical sections for MK1 / Mk2 / MK3

Probably not - we'll definitely keep the general areas as they are, maybe adding new categories too if there are some good suggestions.

What we are considering is creating Mk1 , Mk2 and Mk3 forums - my own personal take is that owners of different marks learn from each other - classic example being frozen handbrakes on the Mk1 is now a problem for older Mk2s .. :)
jimi

Post by jimi »

That's fair enough I can see your point. What about something like the old board where you could flag your post as Mk1 /Mk2/General ? makes finding things a lot easierand saves having to trawl through loads of MK2 posts to find something MK1 related and vice versa.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

jimi wrote:That's fair enough I can see your point. What about something like the old board where you could flag your post as Mk1 /Mk2/General ? makes finding things a lot easierand saves having to trawl through loads of MK2 posts to find something MK1 related and vice versa.

Mmm, I see what you mean. We might be able to modify the post / reply forms to add buttons which insert the right [mk1] / [mk2] etc tags.
vashy

Post by vashy »

I'm glad the new site's up, nice one!

seperate tags sound good, could you then filter to show only certain tagged posts?

I can see it getting very busy (:

John

Return to “Club News and Announcements”