TOTB - Official Update

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

TOTB - Official Update

Post by michael »

Redline Ten of The Best IV -Announcement - General Release

It's our pleasure once again to invite you all to Redline Ten of the Best IV. The event takes place at Elvington Airfield on Sunday 31st July 2005. Competitor Entry forms are now available to download via our website:
www.totb.co.uk Spectator tickets are now on sale in our online shop. Event info, rules and regulations, trade information applications and the like are now available to browse online.

Response has already been fantastic from clubs and groups wishing to compete this year and we are pleased to confirm entries from the following Teams/clubs:

The 200+ Club, GTR Register, Team Subaru, Mitsubishi Lancer Register,
Vipers, GTO UK, 200SXOC, Skyline Owners Club, Hondas UK, UK Supras, GTIR-OC, RS Cosworth, RS Turbo, Performance Rover Group, FDUK, CCC UK. Also confirmed so far are the following high powered cars; Calder Racing Supra, Fensport Corrolla/Celicas, Keith Cowie?s R32, Martin Hadland's new Cosworth, Joel English 900+bhp Viper and a quad turbo V12 Skyline! In total 125 cars will compete to prove who has the best all-round road car in the UK.

We still have limited space available for suitable cars that are not part of an existing club/group/team. Performance car Tuners can also apply to compete, either as part of one of the existing Team entries or as iindividuals, subject to approval and sufficient space.

Spectator ticket prices are the same as before, and are available in advance at just £15 per person from our website, or alternatively can be purchased on the gate on the day from 9am onwards at £20 per adult. There are no limits on spectator numbers. All ticket purchases can be made via www.totb.co.uk for online orders. Our phoneline number is also on the website for credit card ordering. Clubs and groups can also obtain further discount on entry tickets if purchased in bulk, contact us for details.

This year we are pleased to announce that The Organisation will be looking after the Trade display and club areas on our behalf. Additionally they will be organising on-site camping for the clubs/groups and competitors in a similar vein to J.A.E.

Other planned improvements to the event overall include raised grandstands, fully serviced toilets, improved p.a and displays, a new viewing area within the handling arena, and a much improved and enlarged trade display among other changes.

The event format remains the same other than a slight tweak to the handling event, where all competitors will be limited to a maximum of 5 timed runs, to ensure fairness for all competitors. The Overall Redline TOTB4 Champion Award will still be based on total points scored from all 3 events overall (1/4m, handling and Top speed) plus any bonus points gained from the shootout finals. The team trophy is also certain to be highly contested this year.

The Closing date for all competitor entries is 3rd July 2005. There will be a further short period for any last minute team changes or for reserves to take up any places that become available. Please note no refunds will be made after 3rd July. No changes will be made to any team sheets after 4th July 2005 when the entry lists become final.

Any Traders interested in a display area or Event sponsorship should contact The Organisation:

[email protected]
michael

Re: TOTB - Official Update

Post by michael »

2 things:

1. Yes I know we aren't listed as being confirmed, don't panic ;)

2. Camping - do you want me to get us an IMOC area?
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Michael,

Cant answer your camping question;

But, any provisional idea on how many MR2's can enter? If not, should be just put forward 6 or 7 people now to get em on a first come first served basis he he. We have until 1 month before the event to swap places round :D
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
michael

Post by michael »

I've left another message pressing Chris for confirmation on how many places we've asked, as usual I'm pushing for the full 10.... we'll see what happens
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

10 ... we'll be lucky! Lol ... but I've seen they've increased the number of cars by 25 this year :D

It'd be nice if we get 10, last year there was like 10GTRs and 10GTS skylines :( not to mention the rather ropey ford contingent lol

michael

Post by michael »

Most of the teams that have been in for a while get offered 10 spaces and usually lose a few when people drop out - I can only ask... if it gets us more than 5 it's a start :)
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Very true matey :) The more the better. Hopefully we made a good enough impression last year with what were fairly low powered cars that they'll realise we have potential :)

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I think it'd be a great idea to get an IMOC camping area.

Defo go for ten, the amount of tuned and planned cars in IMOC at the moment I'm sure we could fill them...

*writes it in diary in big red letters*

*pays bodywork man and tells supplier in states to bl00dy hurry up*

*rings engine builder who promises early May yet again*

T
michael

Post by michael »

We've got a definate 5 places so far.... I'll keep pushing, we need more.

Camping - I've made enquiries.
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Michael, just to clarify is that 5 places definite for imoc or 5 places like last year ?

:)

JJ

Post by JJ »

stevecordiner wrote:Michael, just to clarify is that 5 places definite for imoc or 5 places like last year ?

Bah ! Stop whinning !! you got to play didn't you ?? :lol:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
michael

Post by michael »

stevecordiner wrote:Michael, just to clarify is that 5 places definite for imoc or 5 places like last year ?

5 places like last year - i.e. it needs people to get their forms in on time :)
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Michael - great, just wanted to clarify the situation. So are we going to try an get the forms in a couple of weeks before the deadline to ensure we dont lose out on places again :)

JJ - :lol: I just like to check details so we can have a situation where our full compliment of cars gets filled. I'm an accountant which makes me boring and check everything .... hence why my shoppin list of parts keeps getting longer!! lol

Wingeing Steve :D

michael

Post by michael »

stevecordiner wrote:Michael - great, just wanted to clarify the situation. So are we going to try an get the forms in a couple of weeks before the deadline to ensure we dont lose out on places again :)

Yes - and I'm going to ask that everyone sends them recorded delivery too :)

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”