JAE - What an event, just got home!

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Hurstie1981

JAE - What an event, just got home!

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Well i have just this minute got back home from the weekend at JAE, and what an event it is!

It was a great event and a smashing set up by the organisers of IMOC, Mk1 Club and ROC, and i just wanted to say thats for organising such a good stand!

The weather couldnt have been any better for it, except for the minor downpour :shock:

I have lots of great memories and pictures which are soon to get posted on here!

Thanks once again, and hello to all the people who i saw down there!

Graham
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: JAE - What an event, just got home!

Post by Charged »

Minor down pour?!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
EarL

Post by EarL »

The organisers of this years event need medals. Superb effort by all. =D>

Excellent time. =D>
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
Hurstie1981

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Charged wrote:Minor down pour?!

I was being sarcastic....check my post in "general"....or check out this pic! :P

ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Hurstie1981 wrote:
Charged wrote:Minor down pour?!

I was being sarcastic....check my post in "general"....or check out this pic! :P

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/H ... o-0151.jpg

Oh yes, That was a funny moment. Holding down the Gazebos lol. I had to chase down a ROC flag that was blown away. Was soaked but the hairdryers in the loo's did a good job of sorting that out lol.

This was my first JAE and was good to put some more names to faces. Shame I had to see some of the ugly ones again (Mark Ed, Frank etc etc ;))

Not sure about camping. I think I absoloutely hated it. Next time I think I will bring some warmer clothes. Sat night I resorted to wearing a second pair of shorts half way down my legs to make a pair of "long shorts" pmsl
Friday night was Top stuff, remained undefeated at GT4 (whooping Franks behind with a pick up truck :lol: ) and whiping the floor with some other guy who's name I can not remember (kept talking about Celica GT-fours lol) Stayed up till the early hours with the hardcore JAE'ers Malcolm etc.

Sat, The torrential rain spoiled the plans of a footy match lol. But the evening saw me and Mark Edwards fighting in the bouncy boxing :lol: Not wure who won. I think it was Mark, despite cheating and landing his glove square in my moosh when I was getting up. I showed him the courtesy of allowing him to get up before:(. Andi was no doubt the king of the ring. Undefeated after 3 fights. Last 2 straight after the second. The first one he totally anihalated Frank. Then Earl, Then Mark.

Sun, Footy time. We lost the 1st match. But drew 2:2 in the second after giving up a 2 goal lead :( All my great goal keeping skills going to waste :( :lol:

Will get some of my pics up soon. However they were taken via my mobile as I left the camera at home #-o
Last edited by ENSMR2 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

Met some ethusiastic members 2day...thx to Tubbtony on the BOV advice and leakyTbar on the engine cleaning =D>

Who'd have thought brake dust cleaner does the job?
The pourdown was horrible...got everything waterlogged!
EarL

Post by EarL »

ENSMR2 wrote:Last 2 straight after the second. The first one he totally anihalated Frank. Then Earl, Then Mark.

Mark thought I'd been sweating in the head protector when he put it on. I didn't have the heart to tell him I just blew my nose in it! :shock: :lol: :eye:

Top weekend Ens. Good to meet ya bud. :wink:

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

EarL wrote:
ENSMR2 wrote:Last 2 straight after the second. The first one he totally anihalated Frank. Then Earl, Then Mark.

Mark thought I'd been sweating in the head protector when he put it on. I didn't have the heart to tell him I just blew my nose in it! :shock: :lol: :eye:

Top weekend Ens. Good to meet ya bud. :wink:

EarL.

Serious?!!!!! :shock: Man It was so dark no one noticed! That blue gear was lame man. The head hear kept spinning on my head and the gloves went flaying around and I almost ended up hitting mar with my actual fist a few times!

Excuses ey? ;) :lol:

Good to meet you too mate, Hope you enjoyed the food I cooked up for you all :)

I heard you took some sneaky photo's of me lol. Lets see em then bud :)

Top marks to Malcolm and Chris for their Curry efforts (even though the rice was a tad hard ;). Was great, and he was soo thoughtfull he and Chris brought along extra chilli powders for me :mrgreen:

My pics:

Mainly of the MR2 Village. Which was easily the best display on there. It was a great job done by all the people involved!

These 2 MK3's started swaying me to the "ghey" side
They were awesome, but his kept cropping up in my mind
;)

Turbo dragons ride, Think his name was Si? Top bloke helped with putting the tend up. Cheers bud!

Someone actually ran someone over on the way to JAE. In such a rush they didnt think to stop:

Is that Frank playing with his ar$e?
:lol:

My ride (now called "scarface")

Cnt remember why I took a pic of this

Lexus Soarer Drift mobile:

Crazy van thing:

Inside of crazy van thing:

Lurvely Supra:

More lurvely Supras. The mark that first got me into them Cheers dad :)

Even the Hoff was at JAE. Unfortunatly he was no where to be seen at the time so I took a pic of KITT.
See the hoff doesnt even have a Jap car and STILL gets in to JAE :lol: :lol:

When he was driving around in the rain he got an awesome cheer from us in the MR2 Village! :D 8) :thumleft:
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

I was with SXOC this weekend but bumped into Tom on our stand when we were running the Yard of ale competition. I popped over to the IMOC stand a couple of times and spotted Lauren and Mark on my second visit and said hello to a couple of people but, sadly, didn't get their names.

Seeing all the cars though has made me determined to get my MR2 back up and running and when I do hopefully I'll be turning up to events and putting a few more faces to names :thumleft:

Once I sort out my pictures I'll stick them up in the photos thread 8)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

LOL the bouncy boxing was the funniest thing I've seen for ages...laughed so much I pulled a muscle!

My two favourite moves
- Franks cartwheeling attack
- Neil_turbo doing a WWF run and launching two fists forward at Si (Turbo Dragon).

I haven't laughed so hard for as long as I can remember. :lol:
T
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

tonigmr2 wrote:LOL the bouncy boxing was the funniest thing I've seen for ages...laughed so much I pulled a muscle!

My two favourite moves
- Neil_turbo doing a WWF run and launching two fists forward at Si (Turbo Dragon).

T

Classic stuff! We should have filmed it all

PMSL!
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

ENSMR2 wrote:
tonigmr2 wrote:LOL the bouncy boxing was the funniest thing I've seen for ages...laughed so much I pulled a muscle!

My two favourite moves

T

Classic stuff! We should have filmed it all

PMSL!

Wish somebody had filmed it, i didnt get a chance to see any of it as my head guard was on backwards for it all! (bouncy boxing and a stomach of beer wasnt the best combo admittadly :-# :tongue: )

Was a great weekend (even if my leg is a mess from the footy!) Looking forward to next year already! Cheers to the organisers and everyone there for making it that!
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

First of all, I'd like to say a huuuge thanks to Kanujunkie (Stu), Mark (Markiii) from ROC and mk1mr2chick (Jo) & systemg (Garrick) for their organisation, projector hunting, organising cooking, wiring up (can include un1eash in that one), for knowing what was going on and generally being great,

and

a really really HUUUUUGE thanks to our IMOC marshalls, Limeymk1 (Chris) and Tiamat (Malcolm) for meeting and greeting all of the cars which found their way onto the stand, and parking up, and generally being brilliant - thanks a lot guys!!!!!

Was also great to meet some new faces, Cosmosbluemr2, Mark Edwards, Ens being just a few.

Also - if your reading this, big shout out to the guys (and gal) who made the trip all the way from Holland to come to JAE - with some really interesting cars - really clean tintop tubby, and an original Beams :D Hope to see you again next year!!
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Was a good laugh, I'm absolutely shattered today. Need to get fitter, either that or getting old! :lol:

Great to meet everyone, sorry about the footy performance but I really couldn't see straight! :lol:
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

am knackered today.
woke up at 6 and couldn't sleep and was in work for 8.10 this morning.
my nose is still bleeding from the bouncy boxing, every time my facial expression changes it reopens the cut.
i'm sunburnt.
i'm peeling on my shoulders.
i think my liver was stolen on saturday night.
smoked so much i think i only have one lung left.
the car is a mess.
i'm broke.
and i have no clean clothes as the washing machine is still broken.

you know what? i'd do it all again in a heartbeat!
roll on JAE 2007!
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Tiamat wrote:am knackered today.

me too, and I had a short trip home (at 60 with the gazeebos on the roof). Ate takeaway last night and fell asleep on the beanbag.. :oops:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

LOL similar to me, ate dinner fell asleep on sofa, woke up at nearly midnight, went to bed, couldn't sleep as was refreshed ](*,) went back to bed at 3am...up at 8 for the builders who are now drilling a fireplace hole in the bedroom next to my study....they are digging the pavement up outside and it's a very VERY noisy and tiring Monday morning!
T
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

At least you're at home Toni!

I've got a volleyball match in half an hour! :lol:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Ah yes, I arranged to work at home today. :D
Just as well as I completely overslept my 6.30am alarm call!
I don't envy you the volleyball...
T
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Best moment of the weekend was when a mk2 came down the road infront of the IMOC stand, and Tiamat, with no t-shirt on, chased them down, before shouting 'IMOC?' at them and getting them to park on the stand.

they looked a little petrified at first :) Nice work though!

Return to “Past Events”