Rolling road results

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bry

Rolling road results

Post by Bry »

Went down to ENSMR2's mates garage 'Perfect touch' today for a dyno run.Was very impressed with there new Dyno,it's been housed in a dyno room complete with the biggest meanest fans I've ever seen :shock: When all three are on they move so much air your ears pop :shock: and the extraction system was that good the temps in that room were noticably cooler than the workshop.It's good to finally find a Dyno that has three fans especially ones as mean as these,definately a plus point for future MR2 rolling road days.
TweenieRob took my car into the dyno room and hooked up his laptop and det cans to my car and worked his magic,the end result was
295bhp at the wheels which worked out at 343bhp at the flywheel.
Torque was 286ft.lb. My intake temps peaked at 46degrees and my highest knock reading was 17 , my boost setting was 1.28bar.Needless to say I was very happy \:D/
When they'd finished on the rollers Rob talked me through the graph and explained everything for me,couldn't have asked for more =D> All the guys there were very friendly and created a very proffessional yet relaxed atmosphere,I can't recommened Rob and Claudio and everyone else at Perfect touch enough,top guys 8) A big thanks for Enis for organising everything for me,you're a legend =D>
Here's some pics of Enis with the fans
My car on the rollers

Power and torque graphs
Watch out OZ here I come !!
steve

Re: Rolling road results

Post by steve »

nice one mate \:D/

you're have to take me for a spin in it now :twisted:
Rory

Post by Rory »

\:D/ Great result Bry. Good to meet you guys there too. Think when I get my Apexi mapped ill be paying Perfect touch a visit. And they are only about 4 miles from me so its not far to travel!

Rory
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
Bry

Post by Bry »

Rory wrote:\:D/ Great result Bry. Good to meet you guys there too. Think when I get my Apexi mapped ill be paying Perfect touch a visit. And they are only about 4 miles from me so its not far to travel!

Rory

Forgot to say in my first post that it was good to meet you :oops: If I lived that close i'd be there all the time :lol:
Bry

Post by Bry »

steve wrote:nice one mate \:D/

you're have to take me for a spin in it now :twisted:

Definately mate 8)
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Great stuff Bry,

Good to see rory there too.

Really impressed with the results. Had a quick word with Claudio when he was under the Evo and he was like, "thats a great car".

Was great to see it on the rollers.

I've been going on about how great these lot are for ages now. Great someone else finally got to see what they are about.

These guys really know their stuff.

Glad the figures came out so good.

Those fans are so powerfull lol.

So what do people think of my modelling?

Top stuff eh? lol
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Bry wrote:
Rory wrote:\:D/ Great result Bry. Good to meet you guys there too. Think when I get my Apexi mapped ill be paying Perfect touch a visit. And they are only about 4 miles from me so its not far to travel!

Rory

Forgot to say in my first post that it was good to meet you :oops: If I lived that close i'd be there all the time :lol:

I AM there all the time lol. I'm only down the road too lol Got away without the usual onslaught from Jason lol. (The bald one ;) )

Top guys there.
Last edited by ENSMR2 on Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Great results Bry \:D/

Oh and Enis... you sure the curry night had no ill effects.. looks like you are trying to cool some part of your anatomy :mrgreen:

Car now Sold :cry: damn 5th Lumber Disc !
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:Great results Bry \:D/

Oh and Enis... you sure the curry night had no ill effects.. looks like you are trying to cool some part of your anatomy :mrgreen:

PMSL.

The fans were off ya scum bag.

:lol:
Bry

Post by Bry »

ENSMR2 wrote:Great stuff Bry,

Good to see rory there too.

Really impressed with the results. Had a quick word with Claudio when he was under the Evo and he was like, "thats a great car".

Was great to see it on the rollers.

I've been going on about how great these lot are for ages now. Great someone else finally got to see what they are about.

These guys really know their stuff.

Glad the figures came out so good.

Those fans are so powerfull lol.

So what do people think of my modelling?

Top stuff eh? lol

Best garage i've ever been to.Ibet those fans are 100bhp each :lol:
Last edited by Bry on Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

what was your last result before the pfc?
Bry

Post by Bry »

quigonjay wrote:what was your last result before the pfc?

On a different dyno I got 237rwhp so I've gained just under 60bhp@the wheels,by fitting the PE1919 turbo and fitting and mapping the power fc.Very pleased :D
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

nice numbers Bry!

glad to hear more good news, car still looking awesome, shame i can't say the same about Enis :wink: (look, smilie Enis! :roll: :lol: )

as soon as my car is graced with an engine again & MOT'd/run in, i'm off down to see the Tweenie man himself!

nice IC by the way :wink: glad to see what that PE turbo can put out at decent boost & loving the knock!
Last edited by Steve Horrocks on Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

bry, looking at your spec, i'd be a bit dissapointed with that to be honest
can think of 2 members of the top of my head that reached 300rwhp with standard injectors/ct20 @ 1.2bar :-k
Bry

Post by Bry »

Steve Horrocks wrote:nice numbers Bry!

glad to hear more good news, car still looking awesome, shame i can't say the same about Enis :wink: (look, smilie Enis! :roll: :lol: )

as soon as my car is graced with an engine again & MOT'd/run in, i'm off down to see the Tweenie man himself!

nice IC by the way :wink: glad to see what that PE1818 can put out at decent boost & loving the knock!

I forgot to say that I removed the heat reflective matting from my Ceramic coated I/C pipes and have noticed that the temps drop back down alot quicker now after a run,so definately better without wrapping.Definately the best I/c for stock location,but still not good enough for me so will soon be going boot mount :twisted:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Bry wrote:I forgot to say that I removed the heat reflective matting from my Ceramic coated I/C pipes and have noticed that the temps drop back down alot quicker now after a run,so definately better without wrapping.Definately the best I/c for stock location,but still not good enough for me so will soon be going boot mount :twisted:

interesting! that's me taking the wrapping off the pipes then! lol

gonna try getting a figure with my PP IC fitted then probably gonna go boot mount, just hesitant on cuttin the car!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
MR2lover

Post by MR2lover »

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Great results, Great pics, Great car

8)
Bry

Post by Bry »

quigonjay wrote:bry, looking at your spec, i'd be a bit dissapointed with that to be honest
can think of 2 members of the top of my head that reached 300rwhp with standard injectors/ct20 @ 1.2bar :-k

Can't see any on the RR table?.I know a few people have got 300bhp @the hubs with standard injectors and turbo, not at the wheels,also different dyno's give different results.I could have pushed mine more (look at the knock figures) but it's not just about number chasing it's about a good safe tune aswell and to get 300rwhp on stock injectors and ct20 turbo is really cutting the safety margin down.I'm happy mate can't think why on earth I'd be dissapointed :lol:
Last edited by Bry on Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bry

Post by Bry »

MR2lover wrote:=D> =D> =D> =D>

Great results, Great pics, Great car

8)

Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

Bry wrote:
quigonjay wrote:bry, looking at your spec, i'd be a bit dissapointed with that to be honest

Can't see any on the RR table?.I know a few people of got 300bhp @the hubs with standard injectors and turbo not at the wheels,also different dyno's give different results.I could have pushed mine more (look at the knock figures) but it's not just about number chasing it's about a good safe tune aswell.

yep, was thinking of dangerous and mike jc, your right - they where at the hubs, my mistake #-o
what injector duty cicle where you running?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”