IMOC Ring Trip - 25-29 August

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

IMOC Ring Trip - 25-29 August

Post by Lauren »

Yep a few of us have got together we have decided our summer wouldn't be complete without a ring trip! :)

The plan is to meet at Spa on the 25th. There is a BaT day there (its full) where Si is driving. We then stay at Spa the night and make our way to the Ring on the 26th.

The Ring is open for:

An hour in the evening on the 26th
All Day 27th (0930-1930)
1300-1930 on the 28th

Si Cook is going out on the 24th, Mark and I are going on the 25th with a plan to get to Spa for lunchtime-ish.

We will both be convoying back on the 29th.

We are staying at the Motorsport hotel (motorsporthotel.de) right next to the Ring.

Cost is €65 per night.

In Spa we are (hopefully staying at Beausite/Bellevue in Hockai)

Ferry (seafrance) for Dover/Calais we got for £90 return (suspect thats about average) Si got his for £64 with norfolk line.

Ring tickets (going on 2004 prices) were:
1 lap= €15
6 lap= €88
12 lap= €160

All IIRC(!)

I reckon around £500 ought to cover costs. Obvioulsy there is petrol and its all a bit dependent upon how many laps you do of course.

Ferrywise Mark and I are booked:
Depart Dover= 0500 - 25th August
Depart Calais= 1930 - 29th August

I would also add that this isn't an 'official IMOC trip' as such.. its a group of friends getting together to go and do our favourite thing and make our yearly pilgrimage to motorsport mecca.

Obviously if any member wish to come with us, then the more the merrier. We are not offering to organise your bookings etc.. but we'll show you a guiding hand when it comes to Ring lappage and we can convoy together ferrytimes pending. Also its just a great social and a chance to kick back and relax.

If anyone would like to come.. please put your name down in this thread.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
philster_d

Re: IMOC Ring Trip - 25-29 August

Post by philster_d »

ooo maybe 8)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

philster_d wrote:ooo maybe 8)

Go on... you know it makes sense! ;)
millentubby

Post by millentubby »

could try and make my Euro Trip coincide with this...I've been invited to Munich for a few days and will be making my way down to Italy...but the only things that will be booked are the ferry crossings over the Channel...so really, I can do whatever I choose!
NiallDarwin

Post by NiallDarwin »

ooo maybe

I've just got back from there & its AWESOME. Do it do it do it do it 8)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Colin_AW11 wrote:could try and make my Euro Trip coincide with this...I've been invited to Munich for a few days and will be making my way down to Italy...but the only things that will be booked are the ferry crossings over the Channel...so really, I can do whatever I choose!

JFDI!!! (Just do it!)....

Let me know if you can meet us there and we'll exchange mobile numbers etc.
Pitcher

Post by Pitcher »

I would go and really wish i could but i am in Slovakia :(

maybe next time, hope everyone who goes has a good time.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

okay... Mark and I couldn't get a double in the motorsport hotel but we manged to get this:

Hotel an-der-Nordscheife:
http://www.hotel-an-der-nordschleife.de ... dex_e.html

Which is situated within spitting distance (literally) of the halfway point barrier at Adenau. Perfect location. :)

so if there any couples that are wishing to come or you are a couple of members who like to sleep together this may be a good option.

There are still singles available at the motorsport hotel though.
Last edited by Lauren on Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoM

Post by DoM »

That hotel is right next to the Pomme frites special booth! Jealous! :lol:

I'll drive down on the morning of the 26th I think, get there in time for the evening session.

Dom
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Okay cool... Ringmeister... Dom is up for it too! :)

So we have:

Mark and I
Si Cook
Dom
Colin (maybe)
Ben and Sarah (maybe)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

DoM wrote:That hotel is right next to the Pomme frites special booth! Jealous! :lol:

I'll drive down on the morning of the 26th I think, get there in time for the evening session.

Dom

Well you are welcome to book in there if you like. Si is in motorsports hotel.. choice is yours!
StuartE

Post by StuartE »

I'd be there like a shot if I wasn't already going the weekend before.
cg nz

Ring trips 2006

Post by cg nz »

Might make it in Aug and it may inc a Spa visit with pistenclub or MLR - depends on time off work

Maybe if travel coincides with BaT visit to Spa I might be able to arrange pasenger laps in advance with someone - maybe Si?

This Easter I took 'family hatchback' to the Ring - only 15 laps over the weekend - first trip in this car but had some fun on dry track - less so in the wet with unfamiliar and worn Pirellis

Retd from another long w/e trip last Tue - passenger laps this time but managed driving a lap in an italian S2000 - scary in strange car with left hand drive and with rwd

One of highlights was Dorint visit with The Usual Suspects from Weissen Handschuhe Racing - enjoyed a few glasses of EifelGeist - worth trying if you make it for a Ring w/e

Maybe see some of you there?
gordy.r

Post by gordy.r »

Just seen this post, im gonna be out in Europe (gemany, italy, switzerland etc etc) with the 2 in august and was gonna take in the ring too!

Hmmmm :-k
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

gordy.r wrote:Just seen this post, im gonna be out in Europe (gemany, italy, switzerland etc etc) with the 2 in august and was gonna take in the ring too!

Hmmmm :-k

gordy and CG.... meet us there. :thumright:
DoM

Re: Ring trips 2006

Post by DoM »

cg nz wrote:
Weissen Handschuhe Racing

lol, mine is still in my glove compartement from last year :lol:
Blokey

Post by Blokey »

DoM wrote:
cg nz wrote:
Weissen Handschuhe Racing

lol, mine is still in my glove compartement from last year :lol:

...lol that brings back memories. Mine's just been washed and is drying ready for this trip. Chris - I'll happily join you for one or two of them!

B.
DoM

Post by DoM »

Blokey wrote:
...lol that brings back memories. Mine's just been washed and is drying ready for this trip. Chris - I'll happily join you for one or two of them!

B.

You can wash it all you like but you'll never get rid of the EifelGeist smell! :lol:
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Id love to drive the ring. How risky is it though, I mean Ive seen quite a few videos and stuff on tv etc like extremely quick motorbikes and ferraris overtaking everywhere. Is it safe to drive moderatly while getting used to the track and when you do have the hammer down are drivers curteous about pulling over to allow overtaking? Also whats a good time for an mr2 to get round? :twisted:
Cheers!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

blue2 wrote:Id love to drive the ring. How risky is it though, I mean Ive seen quite a few videos and stuff on tv etc like extremely quick motorbikes and ferraris overtaking everywhere. Is it safe to drive moderatly while getting used to the track and when you do have the hammer down are drivers curteous about pulling over to allow overtaking? Also whats a good time for an mr2 to get round? :twisted:
Cheers!

Its as risky as you make it basically. If you drive round steadily i see no reason why you should have a problem.

I went last year and tbh i pushed it pretty hard... thought that most other drivers were fairly courteous... a couple of the bikers were annoying in that they didn't seem to see me behind... but i had no probs at all.

I don't and haven't timed at the ring.. think thats a recipe for disaster tbh.

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”