mtte?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

will777

mtte?

Post by will777 »

has anyone had any dealings with mtte? im in need of a new front bumper so e mailed them asking if they had a contact number so i could speak to someone about there products but i just got a reply saying all bumpers we do are on the website? not very helpfull and dont like the idea of dealing with a company that has no telephone?

thanks
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Re: mtte?

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

MTTE is fantastic!

I've brought 6 alloys from them, two exhausts, a dump valve, a revision 5 spoiler, among other things.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another thing off them.
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

all bumpers we do are on the website

How is that not helpful tho?

If you see the bumper you want on the website, email and order.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

I've bought from Jason at MTTE before. I had no problems what's so ever and I know others that swear by him :D

Mikejc
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

Jase at MTTE is a top bloke, never had a problem :)

Just because people don't have phone numbers on their site isn't a bad thing...there are a lot of timewasters out there.
michael

Post by michael »

I've bought loads of stuff from MTTE in the past, no problems at all.

You have to appreciate that Jase will get a lot of email each day so it's hard to take 30 mins out for each to do a full reply, he's a nice guy and very much into customer service, he probably thought it best to send a quick email in between jobs rather than leaving it until later.

I think he might be over in Japan at the moment as well so he won't have the same internet access or time as usual.
will777

Post by will777 »

ok so the response is good, skywalker what i meant by not helpfull is i can see all the bumpers are on the website so it was sort of stating the obvious,sending a few hundred £ off to buy something off a picture thats not too detailed isnt something id usually do so i would like to talk to someone regarding what the bumper comes with,fittings? will it go straight on or will it need some adjustment? things like that so yeh id say the reply was pretty useless though from everyones response i can see there a good set up. i just like a bit of aftermarket support witht these things and been able to ring and speak to someone makes it hell of a lot easier.
will777

Post by will777 »

also thanks for the response people, good to have a bit of insurance about who your dealing with! can anyone tell if the kits go straight on? im interested in the bomex uad-166 bumper and wander do the round spots come with it? if not where and how much? do they require any fitting etc?

any info appreciated
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

What everyone else said - Jase is usually very good. If you'd like to have a conversation with him drop him your number say you want to discuss the purchase/choices and ask him to ring, he probably will!

Just bought some Nismo clocks for my GTR from him, he's pretty good normally.

On the bumper front, Jase does at least get the genuine articles, these normally are a bit more expensive than replicas but generally fit straight on with not too many problems. I had a veilside spoiler off him ages ago, and mirrors, no fitment problems at all.

T
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

Will,

What aftermarket bumper are you going for? it's worth bearing in mind that most copies aren't going to be like OEM stuff, even some manufacturers kits aren't such great quality...I'd say expect some fitment work needed to get it to fit, they usually test fit one kit to a car before they produce a run and not all cars are identical. My Border front end was a perfect kit near side, but off-side it needed a bit of work...the rest of the kit went straight on with no problems.

Also I'd say you won't get anything with it (unless it's the Greddy front lip or something) as it'll replace the stock item so will re-use the stock nuts/bolts etc. You'll prob find it'll just be a bumper that's counter sunk in the right places...

Hope that helps, buying body parts can be a hit and miss experience.
will777

Post by will777 »

thanks chaps for the extra info! nightspirit - i reluctantly had to drive my 2 to work yesterday and just as i feared had to go down an ice rink of a back street and eneded up skating into a wall so thought rather than buy the same stock item i might aswell look at an aftermarket one and the bomex uad-166 caught my eye but ive no experience with body kits so thought i best investigate first so thanks for your input as the mechanics side is no probs where as body is a different story for me! think i might just stick to the stock item with maybe a slightly lower front lip!

cheers
nightSpirit

Post by nightSpirit »

Didn't mean to scare you off Will, it depends what the front bumper is made from and whether it is a copy or not, if Jase only supplies the real item then chances are it'll fit pretty good. I used to have the Greddy front lip which was FRP so really strong, but still I clipped a curb one day whilst doing a 3 point turn and cracked it, then it sort of fell to pieces on the motorway so I ripped it off.

The cars may look good with aftermarket styling, but it sort of makes it more nerve wrecking especially around speed humps etc...only had the kit on mine a few months and it's been in twice now to have scrapes sorted on the front end. And don't even get me started when the car popped a few coolant hoses and needed trailering home!
JUIC'IN

Post by JUIC'IN »

nightSpirit wrote:Also I'd say you won't get anything with it (unless it's the Greddy front lip or something) as it'll replace the stock item so will re-use the stock nuts/bolts etc. You'll prob find it'll just be a bumper that's counter sunk in the right places...

Will,

"Genuine" Bomex products usually come with all bolts, fixings and mounting brackets, so id doubt you'd require any additional.

Kevin.
Frustrated Pilot

Post by Frustrated Pilot »

JASE AT MTTE... TOP BLOKE...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
GENUINE PARTS ...!!!!

CAN GET ANYTHING UR AFTER... IF ITS AFTERMARKET...

TOP BLOKE...

:D

BOUGHT MOST OF MY PARTS THERE...!!!
Frustrated Pilot

CHECK OUT MY PROFILE I UPDATED IT :p
JUIC'IN

Post by JUIC'IN »

Paul White wrote:CHECK OUT MY PROFILE I UPDATED IT :p

Nice car, shame about the bloke standing next to it! :lol:
Frustrated Pilot

Thats quite in ya face....!!! cheeky bu88er... :x

if that was anymore in my face you would have reversed over my eyelids!!!

grrrrr

:D
Frustrated Pilot

I was about to say better than your pic... but i looked at it... errmmm...

nice pic :D :shaking2:
craig

Post by craig »

I've ordered off MTTE, can't beat em!!! 8)
mikewright

Post by mikewright »

used Jase to get my bomex bumper and it was a very good fit

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”