Turbo Vs Elise

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Castlegrayskull

Re: Turbo Vs Elise

Post by Castlegrayskull »

as we're talking about older 80's turbo lumps .... i had an 89 Celica GT4

not the quickest turbo ever built .. .but surprised a lot of people .. and the cornering abilitiy was fantastic ... i was fealess .. 90 degree bends at 40-50 without too much drift or tyre squeel ....

if only i'd have had the money to keep up the upkeep of it :(
twotoneaw11

Those Celica's

Post by twotoneaw11 »

Yeah man those ST165's were a good motor. Could have done with a bit more boost from stock. My ST185 sticks to tarmac like xxxx to a blanket. 6,500rpm and let of clutch will destroy a big bmw. On the corners yuo can take at speeds like a top evolution. hehe. Toyota really knew how to make a good 4WD.

Bet the SW20 Turbo's have a good set up. Will start saving my pounds i think. like the look of an SW20 GTS facelift with the 258 or so horses. Wanna go hunt some porsches!

I have a sprint course near me, the Aw11 does well on the bends being very well balanced. But if I keep my GT4 in the boost I can do the track in half its time. Those G-Limited's are fast eh? 95+ are 197hp right?
Lauren
Premium Member

Re: Those Celica's

Post by Lauren »

twotoneaw11 wrote:Yeah man those ST165's were a good motor. Could have done with a bit more boost from stock. My ST185 sticks to tarmac like xxxx to a blanket. 6,500rpm and let of clutch will destroy a big bmw. On the corners yuo can take at speeds like a top evolution. hehe. Toyota really knew how to make a good 4WD.

Bet the SW20 Turbo's have a good set up. Will start saving my pounds i think. like the look of an SW20 GTS facelift with the 258 or so horses. Wanna go hunt some porsches!

I have a sprint course near me, the Aw11 does well on the bends being very well balanced. But if I keep my GT4 in the boost I can do the track in half its time. Those G-Limited's are fast eh? 95+ are 197hp right?

The later spec NAs are 173bhp AFAIK. Its the beams engine that is around the 200bhp mark.

Return to “Driving Experiences”