TRD kit fitting vids&pics

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

headcover

Re: TRD kit fitting vids&pics

Post by headcover »

nuttasie wrote:A few more pics.Not sure if i did the right thing now by getting rid of the rogue lights,time will tell.I have used formers made of card to get shape so as not to need to build up using filler.saves loads of weight but also is very time consuming.

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202 ... ie/2-2.jpg

rogue
Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202 ... new001.jpg

STD
Hi Sie, Its comming along nicely mate.. :clap:

Keep it up.. :D

Dave
chriscevans1

mr2 trd

Post by chriscevans1 »

have u tried to fit the fuel cap. whne i did my trd the cap was way out and took along time to fit right
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Hi mate,Ihaven't got them parts yet. but it will be hinged from the bottom so it drops open.Think i borrowed the idea(ain't sure) from one of your posts as seems a good solution.
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

top stuff mate well looking forward to seeing this in the flesh. :clap:
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

well due to the crappy weather and the fact i have to work with the garage doors open,I have only managed about a weeks work on it since last post on here.
here';s the pics.Still ain't sure if i made the right choice in getting rid of the rogue lights thou?

But it at last feels like i am making progress now :D

deadhumancollector

Post by deadhumancollector »

dude, i cant wait to see this finished......really exciting project there sir and loving your write up too :thumleft:
Last edited by deadhumancollector on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

Looks awesome mate - I love the TRD look but the Border front looks much more aggressive.
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

:thumleft:
Last edited by nuttasie on Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAP BOY

Post by JAP BOY »

Nuttasie i would defo agree mate that front looks sweet might be an idea to do a mold from that front bumper!!!!!!
I think it looks better without the REv6 lights never been a fan on them!!!!! :)
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Ive got some clear side lights from the Ferrari replica that might fit ,being as your modding the bumper?if you need any
i think they are larger than mr2 lights?
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Are they just side lights or indicators aswell?
Last edited by nuttasie on Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Both mate heres some more pictures .They are large though, Original lights but don't know from what car (might be genuine Ferrari?) there well made and by Hella, ill measure them against my car tomorrow and see
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Ok,everyone knows Dave as done a runner and as caused loads of grief(me included).
He had my car on nov 6 2006 and i got it back sept 07 in bad shape with loads of bits dismantled and none of the parts/bits in bags etc but atleast the car still went.
All i received was 2 front TRD wings then 2rear qtrs and boot ext which i paid £200 for even thou i should have been given them.So i have lost out on my full TRD kit plus the second kit(for the privelige of using my kit) and a respray due to him doing a bunk.
I realized it would end like this along time ago but was trying to be optimistic.bcuz of this i started collecting parts when they have arisen and i now have a full trd kit again,but obviously i am back at square one as the std is the usual to be expected from most after market parts.
All this culminates in the fact that i have got to do alot of prep work nowto get the kit up to scratch.

Anyway xxxx happens as they say so i will keep plodding on when i can and hopefully get stuff rolling.

Harry my man if you are reading this i am really sorry for not sorting pics for you but to be honest was the last thing on my mind due to this grief,hope you understand mate :oops: .
sie
Harry

Post by Harry »

Simon,sorry to hear this mate.Thanks for the update. :(
deadhumancollector

Post by deadhumancollector »

dude, thats gutting, was looking forward to the next update on the car, but didnt expect this.

I feel for you man :pale:
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Trust me i feel sorry enough for us both,but am trying look forward.I have tried my hand at mould making and seems to be ok.so i will in the future be doing a reworked wider bodied TRD(IE like the race one) to go with my border hybrid bumper but first i just need this car doing as a STD rep :D
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Make it look like this thai trd!

Image =P~
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Race Idiot wrote:Make it look like this thai trd!

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj10 ... iJGTC9.jpg =P~

looks good but needs lowered.. :thumleft:
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

Yeh that looks good,but needs lowering as said.Eventually i plan at doing something like that but with more curves. The problem with trying to do a race rep is how low you have to make it, to make the wheels look right in the arch,as there is basically no side of the wings left above the tyre's in the race trd.
LOTs of thinking to do if i ever get going on that idea.
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

looking good mate, that car above is sex

Return to “Modifications”