New Flexi on Exhaust needed

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

p_j_smith

New Flexi on Exhaust needed

Post by p_j_smith »

I’ve a Mongoose and the flexi has gone, no receipt as it was the previous owners so no lifetime warranty :(

How much for a new flexi, being quoted £100-£120 inc vat, does this seen about right (Northwest England based)

Half toying with getting a new system as if it has a lifetime warranty and I’ll be keeping the car for a LONG time it could be worth it???? Does anyone know if you keep the warranty if you fit the system yourself?

Maybe if I could sell the standard mild steel system I just put on for the MOT, and the current leaking flexi Mongoose these could pay a little towards a complete new system???

Cheers
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: New Flexi on Exhaust needed

Post by Lauren »

Peter,

you may be better going to JP in Macc, as no doubt they can repair it/replace that section plus it might be cheaper.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
p_j_smith

Post by p_j_smith »

Cheers Lauren.

JP said the price was £80 + vat, so that’s just shy of the £100 mark, even after I took the exhaust off and delivered it to them.

To be far it seems like a common price, the other couple of places came back at £100 and £120 so they were just the cheapest.
Jiff Lemon

Post by Jiff Lemon »

Another vote for JP. The guys are simple the best when it comes to stainless.

There is another macclefield based stainless steel exhaust supplier, however, I'd STRONGLY recommend avoiding him like the plague.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”