A1 adventures

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

The Morris

A1 adventures

Post by The Morris »

Driving from Sussex to Lincoln, i weas a bit dissapointed that i hadnt seen any fast cars.

Then, i was cruising along the A1M ( 4 lanes) and i see a red car flying up behind. It passes me at about 120 i assume. It a RX7 ( Vin Diesel F&f). I pulled behind and caught up to see what he was doing, but he started accelerating. When i looked at my speedo i was doing 150 :shock: its the fastest ive been. I suggested to the girlfriend i put my foot down and go past, but she wasnt impressed. The scary thing is that it seemed to only take 5 secs to go from 90 to 150. I cant believe how fast they keep pulling.

A bit later on, on the A1 a yellow Corvette goes past, dont know what model, but W reg and had 4 big pipes in the middle. Twice he floored it and i followed up to 140 and there didnt seem much between the 2.

Quite a fun drive in the end, apart from the fuel consumption.

And yes, i know im stupid and going way too fast.
ryan

Re: A1 adventures

Post by ryan »

:shock: You gonna get flamed on here for doing that speed :D
blue2

Post by blue2 »

OOOOHHHHHH Id edit that post before the flamers arrive!
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

The Morris wrote:Driving from Sussex to Lincoln, i weas a bit dissapointed that i hadnt seen any fast cars.

Then, i was cruising along the A1M ( 4 lanes) and i see a red car flying up behind. It passes me at about 120 i assume. It a RX7 ( Vin Diesel F&f). I pulled behind and caught up to see what he was doing, but he started accelerating. When i looked at my speedo i was doing 150 :shock: its the fastest ive been. I suggested to the girlfriend i put my foot down and go past, but she wasnt impressed. The scary thing is that it seemed to only take 5 secs to go from 90 to 150. I cant believe how fast they keep pulling.

A bit later on, on the A1 a yellow Corvette goes past, dont know what model, but W reg and had 4 big pipes in the middle. Twice he floored it and i followed up to 140 and there didnt seem much between the 2.

Quite a fun drive in the end, apart from the fuel consumption.

And yes, i know im stupid and going way too fast.

All i can say to that disgraceful driving is.....

GOOD LAD
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

I got caught doing 150mph in my dream last night, i managed to get away with it too (drove the tubby for the first time in weeks before going to bed).
Draven

Post by Draven »

Driving that fast on a public road is discraceful, reckless, dangerous and just god damn fun...

:D

I personally would never drive at that speed. I'm a very safe driver don't wanna crash my baby... :D

:whistle:
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

The thing is my car has the 160mph clocks instead of the 180 mph, which it should have. So when it read 150 i think it would of read 165 on the proper clock.

I think
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

The Morris wrote:The thing is my car has the 160mph clocks instead of the 180 mph, which it should have. So when it read 150 i think it would of read 165 on the proper clock.

I think

It should actually have 112mph clocks. Depending on how it was converted it will be either 160 or 180.

If i were you i'd find out
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

jonb- wrote:
The Morris wrote:The thing is my car has the 160mph clocks instead of the 180 mph, which it should have. So when it read 150 i think it would of read 165 on the proper clock.

I think

It should actually have 112mph clocks. Depending on how it was converted it will be either 160 or 180.

If i were you i'd find out

I thought the rev 2 should have 180?
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

AFAIK all cars in japan are fitted with 112mph clocks and that's where yours came from. Rev1 uses cable driven speedo but rev2+ uses an electrical sender.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

jonb- wrote:AFAIK all cars in japan are fitted with 112mph clocks and that's where yours came from. Rev1 uses cable driven speedo but rev2+ uses an electrical sender.

So would a 160 clock in a rev 2 be wrong and would it misread if its supposed to have a 180 clock.?
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

It depends what converter was put in. Some people put in 180 clocks, others put a uk 160 clock in and so forth.

I'd test it with a mate / satnav to be sure. Even then the needles are usually out, my NA had 112mph clocks but actually rear 10mph over all the time as someone hadn't put the needle back right.
Gaz6002

Post by Gaz6002 »

my supra reads 80mph on the speedo but the GPS only says 65...

That should tell you something about toyota speedos/uk conversions :mrgreen:
Modded Supra TT6
Scotster

Post by Scotster »

I'm actually a bit worried. My car feels MUCH faster at 70 than anything else i have driven. I know the 2 feels small and really low down which gives the impression of speed but i think it feels really fast. Mine may be the opposite due to the conversion and 18" wheels. I REALLY need to get gps on it to check it out.

Scott =op
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Scotster wrote:I'm actually a bit worried. My car feels MUCH faster at 70 than anything else i have driven. I know the 2 feels small and really low down which gives the impression of speed but i think it feels really fast. Mine may be the opposite due to the conversion and 18" wheels. I REALLY need to get gps on it to check it out.

Scott =op

Thing is its all relative, go in something that really is quick and it'll make your car feel slow.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Scotster

Post by Scotster »

Had an evo five before i bought it though.

Scott =op

Return to “Driving Experiences”