Subframes

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

LuizeGT

Re: Subframes

Post by LuizeGT »

hiya

weird i replied to this earlier! :-k

no contact from dan at all......... no surprise there.. which was the main reason for me going to corbeau instead.

still waiting on another reply from corbeau asking for a definate yes or know to making them as they keep changing their minds.
friggin waste of time! :evil: :evil: :evil:
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

any news.. im starting to think i wont a refund before all these companies go bankrupt and we dont get our money back (had this before now)
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

any news?
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

hi

sorry for lack of info. due to family problems i havnt been on much. i do appologise, but i have been constantly following this up. ive asked dan @ dcdezigns to get intouch with corbeau (as they have ignored my last 3 emails!) to give us a date or want a refund as its 2 months since we ordered these in april.

dont think il be dealing with them anytime soon in the future :evil:
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

dan says they are sorting the frames now.

heres the reply
Hi Louise,

I have sorted out Corbeau and they are sorting the frames out now. I would
ask again however that you do not contact them directly, not only does it
take us out of the loop, so that when you come back and expect us to be
chase etc, we have no idea what communications you have had with them, but
also can tend to upset suppliers and make them less willing to be flexible,
especially under circumstances like there when as I said at the time, they
were doing us a favour.

Dan

makes me mad a bit, because if i got straight bloody answers then i wouldnt have needed to go to corbeau! really hacks me off! :evil: :evil:
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

so dan said there sorting the frames out now.. any time frame on that?
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

I was just about to order a subframe off the dcdezign website.....

dont think i'll bother now!
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

they will sell one to you, just depends if you can prove where you bought them from. if not you will be in the same boat we wer.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mines have arrived =D> going to fit them this after noon!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE let me know when your arrive so i know its all at an end.

:clown:

the site does say that minor alterations may be needed, mine are a bit of a pants fit to the car, but a very good fit to the seat and the runners are good.
heres 2 links to HUGE pics so you can see how mine are out, will be having a go this weekend, ive seen worse :)

this one shows that the 2 front bolt mounts need bending in, im guessing it needs a blow torch to heat it up then bend as its REALLY strong stuff. the stock bolts arnt long enough to grip the thread inside, you could use longer bolts i supose but as the seats NEED to be secure for saftey then il do it properly
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/Luize666/111.jpg

this one shows the 1 piece of frame is out, so will be welding a little piece to the edge of it and drilling into that instead.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/ ... 44_000.jpg

EDIT AGAIN!: THESE ARE SUCH A BAD FIT THAT THEY ARE GOING BACK!! ALSO MINE GOT A LITTLE RUST AROUND THE WELD??????! SO MUCH FOR MADE TO ORDER!
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

mine arrived to...

cant figure out how to fit them tho.

do the runner bolt onto the frame? or so you require your old frames to get these fitted?

More pics would be helpful.. I obviously understand that these arent as great as could be (modifications required if they need that much work i would have made my own)

I hope that with a little work these can be fitted and be a good fit
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

from what i gather/did.....

the runners sit on the top of the frame. the bottom of the runner bolts onto the frame and the top of the runner bolts to the seats.

im going to give mine another go this weekend. my mate is a welder and said he cam make me better ones than this. ive already bent the front bolt hole parts flush but the rear bolt holes still wont line up, and the 1 is still miles out and needs a bit welding on so i can re-do the bolt hole.
slipping clutch

subframes

Post by slipping clutch »

Hi all - the saga of these bloody subframes continues !!!! I have just put mine together and tried fitting them and the fit is ABSOLUTLEY BLOODY APPALLING
If I get a bolt in at the front of the frame into the chassis athe back of the subframe is 9 inches off of the carpet at the back and as Luize pointed out the holes do not line up at all - NOT EVEN CLOSE ! - dont do what I did and try to bend the front bracket down at the front by pulling it in towards the chassis as the bracket just splits apart on the weld - and honestly this was with very little effort . I will be contacting corbeau on monday and also trading standards - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. not only do they not fit in an accident it looks like the welds are going fail - REMEMBER THE SEAT BELT BRACKET IS WELDED TO THESE FRAMES !!!!!
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

YES AS ABOVE!! ive taken mine to a local welder and he said he would NEVER use those in a car, the welding is APPAULING! exact words!
mine were as you say... if you bolt the front in... it would sit up in the air. one of mine has actualy snapped off!!!!!! when trying to bend it with very little effort, the man who was helping me has a nice gash on his leg and isnt impressed with me lol !!! NO WAY are these being used in my car! so all that saftey crap that corbeau fed me is b0ll0x!

the welder is currently making me a set of frames from scratch and using the runner from corbeau as they are fine. i will then be billing corbeau for refund.

are yours rusted at the welds too????????
slipping clutch

subframes

Yes rusted at the welds - and snapped straight off at the weld when I tried to wind the btacket in with the bolt - If any one wants Pictures of HOW ABSOLUTLEY APPALLING THESE SUBFRAMES FROM CORBEAU ARE PLEASE P.M. Me. alternatively if you can get them up onto the forum give me a shout and and I will send them to you.
As a metter of interest I spoke today with another person from this group buy and guess what ? his subframes are appaling to - he is having exactly the same problems as Luize and I have described.
I know any thing like this will require minor modding but trust me on this - these things need some MAJOR structural changes made !
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

i emailed dan a HUGE email on friday with pictures showing how terrible these are and heres the reply

Hi Louise,

I am sorry you are having problems fitting your frame. Corbeau have always
been pretty good at exchange sh*t ones, and given the fact you have already
spoken to them about your frames, I would recommend speaking to them
directly to get the faulty frames exchanged. If you do have any problems
then please do come back to me

Dan

monday i will be in contact.. so thats 3 lots that are crap fit.. i cant belive how way out they are!! and the quality of the weld... considering corbeau were having a go at me about only suplying genuine corbeau seats with seatframes off them because they are big on saftey! lol

:cry:
slipping clutch

subframes

Interesting reply from Dan seeing as how in his last e mail when we enquired when we get the subframes he asked us NOT to contact corbeau directly as this caused problems! yet more double standards.
In the suggestions forum I have put in a thread called rate the supplier - this will be up and running soon - when it it please feel free to add to comments I make on there about this issue!
aaronjb

Post by aaronjb »

Here's some pics on behalf of slipping clutch:

All I can say is - egads! Did they have the work experience kid make the frames or something?!
LuizeGT

Re: subframes

Post by LuizeGT »

slipping clutch wrote:Interesting reply from Dan seeing as how in his last e mail when we enquired when we get the subframes he asked us NOT to contact corbeau directly as this caused problems! yet more double standards.
In the suggestions forum I have put in a thread called rate the supplier - this will be up and running soon - when it it please feel free to add to comments I make on there about this issue!

exactly what i thought!!! :evil: doesnt want to know now that theres problems.
cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

4 crap fit ones

crap rusty welds

pics of fitment attached

seems as tho all these seem to look identical fitments

Dont think they even had a mr2 floor pan to make the frames up from

cjones2

Post by cjones2 »

not that its any consulation but recaro do frames

http://www.whifbitz.co.uk/seats-recaro.htm

But thinking about it would the frames from the rev3 recaro seats not fit (as the guy from this compnay seems to believe thats cobra, corberu, recaro all use the same bolt pattern on the bottom of the seats.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

not sure. a friend and me are making our own now, so far so good!!

ive emailed corbeau, if i dont get a reply by tomorrow lunch then il will ring them. if anyone wants a copy of the email i sent then pm me as its rather large! :evil:

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”