You know when u think ure good and then Oh ****

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2TwinEntryTurbo

You know when u think ure good and then Oh ****

Post by MR2TwinEntryTurbo »

Yeah happened today my project for the weekend was to get the interior of the MR2 sorted so i set about stripped the car in half a day the inside that was cool speedo dials and everything out which was awesome. Then the dash so hard to take out but actually got it out well chuffed. Sprayed it all ferrari magnolia proper leather paint so looks awesome then thought id put it back togther and post pics.

THEN

the engine wont start thought it was the alarm sensor so put that back on now the immobiliser wont let me start the engine because its not flashing any ideas?? cud it be because the dials are out and that

any ideas cz this is an all time low for me and the mr2 lol didnt realise it would be as hard as my corsa to take apart lol
Draven

Re: You know when u think ure good and then Oh ****

Post by Draven »

:roll: I did that with another car i believe you have to connect up the speedo. and dials etc before the engine will start something to do with the ecu i believe. Its not a prob you may just need to check everything is plugged in.

:shock:

Its a bummer when you spend all that time working on it then it don't work... A lesson learned is

"if it works first time you don't know what the hell your doing"

he he hope you sort it dude

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”