Upcoming MOT

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Shmed

Upcoming MOT

Post by Shmed »

My MOT is up in a couple of weeks and it's my first MR2 MOT. What are the small little things that these machines tend to fail on? Have checked the obvious, bulbs, tyres and general bodywork.

Anyone know if it would fail on a small rust hole (about 0)this big in the rear n/s suspension tower?

Any other obvious pointers would be appreciated.

Paul [-o<
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Re: Upcoming MOT

Post by LimeyMk1 »

How far from the suspension mounting points is the hole? If it's within 30cm a picky MOT inspector may fail it (if he spots it)!

Bushes and handbrake are other points to check.

P.S I'd get that rust sorted ASAP!
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Cheers, will check those at weekend. I plan to get the rust sorted in the next month or 2. Have been looking for a TRD 2000 bodykit in the UK (seen them in the States for $999 - about £700 I think), and would get the rust sorted then, unfortunately don't have £700, and if I did I'd need another £1000 for phat wheels.

Cheers for advice.

Paul
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

you need more than just fat wheels to fit under that bodykit - a real mr2000GT has an extra 20cm each side on the axel doesn't it ?
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

I did wonder how the wheels filled the wide arches, looks like that won't happen for a year or two :drunken: :drunken:
Ashy

Post by Ashy »

Check for corrosion where the rear tie bar support joins the body underneath, in front of the rear wheels just about where the firewall is. Also check for corrosion underneath the front where the antti-roll bar connects to the body.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”