fitting wintec lea 826 alarm

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2guy

fitting wintec lea 826 alarm

Post by mr2guy »

hi all, remembered seeing on here that the guy this alarm was purchased from is well known here and hopefully i can get pointed in the right direction, the problem is this,
i purchased the alarm from dan at dc dezign and all was well as my auto electrician mate assured me that fitting it wouldnt be a problem, then bump #-o , he knackered up while wiring it in and killed my cars charging circuit :evil: , which in turn cost me a new alternator. after a few harsh words i removed the wiring he'd bodged and got my existing imobbiliser to work again, but now need a competent person to put the alarm onto my car properly, i know that some on here had theirs fitted by dan/ dc dezign but where are they based as im in walsall, staffordshire and the website dosent give an address unless ive missed it, sorry for the long post but need this to get sorted as ive had two attempts two nick my alloys :( , and one car was stolen two doors away :shock: , so a bit nervous with alarm in its box and not in my car, any help welcomed, jim
nitric4k

Re: fitting wintec lea 826 alarm

Post by nitric4k »

i knackered up my charging unit too mate when i tried fit remote start myself. i know its a bit late for this but mine was the alt sencing fuse had blown but didnt look blown, just looked right, replaced it and all fine.

long story short is im also looking for somone connect up about 6 wires on my alarm too

so if you find somone let me know lol
mr2guy

Post by mr2guy »

cheers for that , my fuse had gone aswell, just showed up the altenator problem when i replaceed it so altenator had to be replaced, still looking for decent sparkie to fit my alarm though, if i get someone to do it will let you know. see you around maybe, jim
brown snake

Post by brown snake »

hi i looked into that alarm same ploblem i live in walsall the place is 2 :far so didn't buy it because of fitting it try motorguard .co.uk :-k
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

ALOT easier to just get Dan to fit it, hes fitted loads of these, including on mine and imho, is the best guy in the country to try and fit the lea826 to your car...as hes the only person that sells them i believe. and i wouldnt have thought many alarm fitting places would of even of heard of this alarm, hense why i feel dan would be the man!
=P~
Rory

Post by Rory »

DcDezign is based in Stevenage. He fitted my alarm and ive never had any problems.

Rory
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
mr2guy

Post by mr2guy »

cheers guy's thought that dan would be my best bet, but as the alarm was an ebay purchase didnt get a fitting option from dc dezign and mate was addament he could fit it, will check out how far stevenage is for me to travel and if sensible will contact dan for fitting quote, i knew you guys would be able to help, jim :D
Seanie

Post by Seanie »

Hi all old post sorry to resurrect.
I have looked for dcdezign but cannot find it, is it now called dcpercormance?
Also anyone know if Dan is still here?
Rory

Post by Rory »

yes dc performance is the same as dcdezign
Seanie

Post by Seanie »

Hi there
Yeah I have been in touch with Dan over there so it's all booked in for January.

Cheers all
Seanie

Post by Seanie »

Hay there

So I have just left Dan's and my LEA 826, which is a cracking piece of kit.
I can now view the temp of my car, remote start it, ope the boot via remote and loads of other stuff I'm reading in the book.

Dan is actually in Sandy for the alarm fitting as it took Saturday and Sunday morning to be safe but what an excellent job.
The only thing I was stuck was my car has a transponder in the key with the OEM alarm but we fixed that issue.

Now I just need to work out how to set it to lock the doors upon ignition, I cannot recommend Dan enough excellent installer and really helpful.
Cheers

Return to “ICE and Security”