TOTB 4 - Lets be organised this year

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stevecordiner

Re: TOTB 4 - Lets be organised this year

Post by stevecordiner »

Is that an NA? :lol:
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
JJ

Post by JJ »

michael wrote:You'll like this one Mr JJ ;)

3 Litres not good enough for the chap ! :shock:

Obviously has too much money ! :roll:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

even looks like its got your old name off imoc sprayed under the bonnet there mr c!!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

I have got a Helmet from the missus as an X-Mas pressie, so I will be taking my car to elvington as much as I can.

I am also going to try and go to Oulton Park for a couple of track days to improve on my driving skills.

I would like to enter TOTBIV but I know competition is going to be high. Do we know how many entrants we can have this year?

8)
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Not sure if mine qualifies with all these 400+bhp cars making debuts soon but i'd certainly be up for it this time. The credit card might have to take a hammering before though! :twisted:
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Hedgehog Dodger

Mark Edwards wrote:Not sure if mine qualifies with all these 400+bhp cars making debuts soon but i'd certainly be up for it this time. The credit card might have to take a hammering before though! :twisted:

I dont think thats true mark. I must agree with what Stevo says, I could enter TOTBIV now with my motor and lose in all events, just because I have never taken the car around a track, and never been on the strip with it. So you could possibly post quicker times in both than me.

Thats why I am going to get to as many events as I can. I need to see what times i can get and what I am up against. With people like JJ, Stevo, Hornseys, Jonno, Andy F, they have all been on the strips and tack days before and have powerful motors.......so competition is going to be tough!

:D

But I will beat them all :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
michael

Post by michael »

Steve Horrocks wrote:jesus H christ!!!! :shock:

RE the yellow one - their old car ran mid 8's - this one is going to be faster :shock:
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Well in that case i'll put my name forward if i can get a decent time at the pod in feb and june.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
JJ

Post by JJ »

Mark Edwards wrote:Well in that case i'll put my name forward if i can get a decent time at the pod in feb and june.

Well if you lost some weight !! :lol: :wink: you'd be much quicker !!! :
Hedgehog Dodger

JJ wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:Well in that case i'll put my name forward if i can get a decent time at the pod in feb and june.

Well if you lost some weight !! :lol: :wink: you'd be much quicker !!! :

LOL.....u tight get..... :lol:
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

>>Can anyone do some research onto noise restrictions ... I'm sure these tracks are clamping down on noise so these external wastegates may pose as a small problem. Just a thought !<<

Are the drag tracks really cutting back on the noise levels? Circuits you can appreciate as that’s been the norm for ages. I was going to run a screamer pipe for sprint / drag use / daily driving; and have a super trap style affair to clap it onto the screamer pipe to mute it for circuits.

Would that work?
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

cant see drag strips going down that route, heve you ever heard a top fuel dragster going at full chat?!!! :shock:
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Well if you lost some weight !! you'd be much quicker !!! :

Thanks JJ (yer git :P ), i can't help it if everyone else is jockey sized now can i?
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

Steve Horrocks wrote:cant see drag strips going down that route, heve you ever heard a top fuel dragster going at full chat?!!! :shock:

I cant imagine elvington imposing a noise limit, its in the middle of nowhere and there is an airstrip close by, think them planes taking off might be a bit louder than the cars.

I think JJ is just worried by all these quick cars running external wastgates and trying to get people to dop out ;)

paul
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

hornsey wrote:
Steve Horrocks wrote:cant see drag strips going down that route, heve you ever heard a top fuel dragster going at full chat?!!! :shock:

I cant imagine elvington imposing a noise limit, its in the middle of nowhere and there is an airstrip close by, think them planes taking off might be a bit louder than the cars.

I think JJ is just worried by all these quick cars running external wastgates and trying to get people to dop out ;)

paul

I am afraid that when it comes to noise levels, logic simply does not come into it.

Example; Donny has a 98db (drive-by) never mind that planes frequently pass right over the track and you can't have conversation when they are taking off!! Also there is the constant din of the M1.

Elvington has a static noise limit of 105db which is fairly loud, but yes I agree a plane of pretty much any description will easily exceed that.

Remember cars are evil. It must be true because our government says they are.
JJ

Post by JJ »

How I look at it, the local farmers are rich, all it takes is a congregation of farmers to all object to the noise levels and a good solicitor will finish off elvington and york drag "strip" together !! then theres the north east fun out the window and TOTB will have to be relocated ! These issues will only follow where ever people / we go, so if theres a small consideration to our screamer pipes / noisy exhaust, then lawsuits won't escalate to any prejudice levels.

We are our own enemies. :shock:
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

anyone got a spare engine..........hope to be fit by then and enter this year - without nitrous!!
jonno

Post by jonno »

fizzy. wrote:anyone got a spare engine..........hope to be fit by then and enter this year - without nitrous!!

Thats the spirit!
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Elvington has been getting used for years by the bikers for drag racing. Having been to a bike day RWYB there, no cars even come close to the racket 7-8 second drag bikes make!

I'd be shocked if an external wastegate was an issue there
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”