How hard is it to fit a ....* now fitted *

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

robsgts

How hard is it to fit a ....* now fitted *

Post by robsgts »

hi all just wondering how hard it is to fit a down pipe to a rev 2 tubby?

regards rob :wink:
Last edited by robsgts on Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
TomThumb

Re: How hard is it to fit a ....* now fitted *

Post by TomThumb »

well, this has been covered many times mate.
Use the search function to yeld mountains...

ill list a few things u need though.

WD40 (lots, squirt everything the day before and let it soak)
Decent tools.. not cheap crap as you dont wanna be rounding off bolts.
Patience of gandi.
skin grafts for your knuckles.
robsgts

Post by robsgts »

cheers mate , i aint lookin forward to it , it was bad enough gutting the standard cat .

rob
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

if you've split the cat already to gut it the top half isn't that much harder to get off, just the 6-7 nuts

Tim
xxxx
xxxx
robsgts

Post by robsgts »

xxxx wrote:if you've split the cat already to gut it the top half isn't that much harder to get off, just the 6-7 nuts

Tim
xxxx
xxxx

cheers tim , will be attempting this at the weekend

rob =D>
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

good luck with it bud :)

Give me a shout if you need any more advice or help

Tim
xxxx
xxxx
thai boxer

downpipe

Post by thai boxer »

I'm gona be fitting a downpipe soon to my rev2. Let me know how it goes mate. What downpipe you got?? How much it cost you?? I also gutted the standard cat.....what fun!! :shock: Only took 6hours.... ](*,)

Gregg. :wink:
GazMR2GTS

Re: downpipe

Post by GazMR2GTS »

gregg wrote:I'm gona be fitting a downpipe soon to my rev2. Let me know how it goes mate. What downpipe you got?? How much it cost you?? I also gutted the standard cat.....what fun!! :shock: Only took 6hours.... ](*,)

6 hours! i worship you! lol

took me and a friend 12 hours and 3litres of oil on his drive(long story) to decat mine lol.

God damn rusty rounded headed bolts.
robsgts

Re: downpipe

Post by robsgts »

gregg wrote:I'm gona be fitting a downpipe soon to my rev2. Let me know how it goes mate. What downpipe you got?? How much it cost you?? I also gutted the standard cat.....what fun!! :shock: Only took 6hours.... ](*,)

hi mate ive got a revision 6 down pipe from rogue worked out to around £160 delivered .

rob
robsgts

Post by robsgts »

xxxx wrote:good luck with it bud :)

Give me a shout if you need any more advice or help

Tim
xxxx
xxxx

cheers mate hopefully should be ok , went and brought a tin of plus gas today gona soak everything friday night the go for it saturday morning :)

regards rob :wink:
robsgts

Post by robsgts »

well i finally finished fitting my rev 6 down pipe last night and im so happy i done this on my own as alot of people say its a pig of a job ,although my hands and knuckles are red roar ,didnt have any major probs really apart fron i had to remove the oil filter cooler and that was about it .
If anyone hasnt done this mod yet i cannot recommend it enough the stock cat and elbow is so re strictive you wouldnt believe.
Only one pointer i can give and thats to use LOADS of plus gas then the job is not that bad.

Regards Rob =D>
Grajey

Post by Grajey »

Doesn't matter how much plusgas/penetrating fluid you use if you don't use hex sockets you will probably still round those nuts.

Soak well the night before and again about one hour before you start. I was careful and didn't have a single nut round off or stud snap.

Do not use BIHEX sockets.

HTH
Mr_T(bar)

Post by Mr_T(bar) »

So how much would you charge to fit mine then!!! its a rev 2 by the way (I think) :?:

Darren

Return to “Modifications”