Anything that will increase the bhp in a mk2 N/A? 119bhp?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hp126

Anything that will increase the bhp in a mk2 N/A? 119bhp?

Post by hp126 »

Is there anything worth while doing to a 2 litre N/A that will increase my power output, i was thinking of the standard things like - de-cat, back box, airfilter, but if there anything else worth doing? re mapping or chipping etc?

Thanks

Ross :D
Goldy

Re: Anything that will increase the bhp in a mk2 N/A? 119bhp?

Post by Goldy »

Most people say its cheaper just to drop a new engine in!!!

I've got the 119bhp engine myself....

Get a de-cat and an airfilter, if you want some serious horses from your engine then nitrous is the way forward..... or possibly a supercharger :twisted: I'll let u know how my project goes!!
ImageImage
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Drop the 3S-GTE in like I did. The best mod i've made to date! :twisted:

Mikejc
the_did

Post by the_did »

i had a powerflow custom with a decat at it went alot better - not compared to my tubby though.

I always regretted getting it cause i didnt research the car enough - thought all the 2.0l were all the same
Scotster

Post by Scotster »

I doubt he will be dropping in a bigger engine as he is young and is just looking for a bit more oomph without killing off the insurance.

As i said to you today, Custom Stainless straight through, de-cat pipe, decent filter.

Scott =oP
craig

Post by craig »

Mikejc wrote:Drop the 3S-GTE in like I did. The best mod i've made to date! :twisted:

Mikejc

Hey dude, where you been hiding? :mrgreen:
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

RedMR² wrote:
Mikejc wrote:Drop the 3S-GTE in like I did. The best mod i've made to date! :twisted:

Mikejc

Hey dude, where you been hiding? :mrgreen:

Hello mate :)

I've been taking a break from the car scene now that the winter is upon us. I tend to do this every year around this time and then come back to it in the new year afresh! :cyclops:

Fear not though as I have not been completely bone idle. Big things are in the mix for the car over the next few months which I hope to be able to share in the new year \:D/ ............watch this space :twisted:

Mikejc
craig

Post by craig »

Good stuff mate! :D
waelwulfas

Post by waelwulfas »

K&N panel filter, don't go down the cone route, you need the resonator box for maximum torque (which is reasonably high on this engine)
Run it on Optimax and advance the timing to suit. Don't fit any accessories or carry passengers, if you've got a spoiler lose it, adds weight and drag that you can't afford.
Go out and play with the gear ranges, you may find that changing at around 5750 mark gives best performance, power tails off to 6300 quite quickly.
It's never going to be a traffic light GP car, but once rolling you can get these to move quite nicely, should keep a GE in it's sights on a country road.
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

waelwulfas how did you manage to get a quarter mile time nearly 1 second quicker than me with an automatic?
ImageImage
waelwulfas

Post by waelwulfas »

Empty fuel tank, no spare/tool kit, timing pushed up, only one gear change, 2nd goes to 67, you can't faff the 1-2 shift in an auto and it takes no longer than a clutch gear change.
Back in the real world with fuel etc. and the timing moved back a little (it rattled going up hills in traffic) it runs 9.1s / 17.0s at about 86mph.

Feed it Optimax, on 95 ron I might as well get out and walk :!:

Return to “Modifications”