Quick Vids from Anglesey

Your videos from MR2 events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Speedy

Re: Quick Vids from Anglesey

Post by Speedy »

Not very good quality, but its the camcorders built in capture thing..

Lauren getting baulked by the caterham into school..

http://www.luckymonkey.co.uk/mr2/lauren_1.wmv
http://www.luckymonkey.co.uk/mr2/lauren_2.wmv
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Kipps

Post by Kipps »

Some great vids there - Anyone get any of Saturday on track ?
MartG

Post by MartG »

Kipps wrote:Anyone get any of Saturday on track ?

I've got some - anyone know where I could host them ?

BTW Just noticed something on the vid of Alex's lap - when did the side repeater fall out ? #-o
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

MartG wrote:
BTW Just noticed something on the vid of Alex's lap - when did the side repeater fall out ? #-o

Good spot! :thumleft:

(and yes, both our side repeaters take it in turns to fall out randomly #-o )

(This was Anna btw, not me suffering short term memory loss)
Last edited by Speedy on Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Side repeaters fall out all of the time at the moment... nevermind :)

PM BenF, i'm sure he'll have a solution to your hosting woes! Otherwise there is a site called putfile (google for it) which I've seen people use in the past.

Also, for Saturday footage, I think BenF has about 2 tapes worth, plus those bits from Sunday morning.
Kipps

Post by Kipps »

The professional pics are up from the day

http://www.picman.co.uk/cgi-bin/v2.pl?p ... LL_CARS&&1

Heres one of me

Oh and thanks Lauren for the push out of the pits when I stalled my car and it refused to start ! ](*,) :whistle:
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

*almost* lifted the wheel ;)
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

oh, and Ben, thankyou very, very much for putting those taster clips up. Looking forward to seeing some more on Friday!! 8)

<added>
I've just noticed, from watching Anna at Radar carefully, that she does a little bit of counter-steering - but then she turns back in to the corner, like she's trying to hit the marshalls or something!!!

1. ooh, I'm sliding, lets counter it
2. ah, there are some marshalls, I'll try and hit them instead
3. darn, missed
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

BenF wrote:Hi All,

Just got home (9 1/2 hour journey!) and been grabbing some clips from the footage that was taken using my camera rig today and encoding it whilst I've been unpacking.

More will go up on Friday evening - specifically:

- MR2 Parade lap
- Following / passing Mk1s and Mk2s (Tom, me, Anna&Speedy)
- Laps in Si Cook's SC (complete with backfires on the over-run )

Just to whet your appetite in the meanwhile I've had a quick search through one of the three tapes and got the below :mrgreen:

Anna causing Garrick to OD on Adrenaline when she decided to get a closer look at the Marshalls at Radar ..

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... _radar.wmv (10MB, very high quality)

I did have a great shot of Garrick's hands shaking after he got out of the car as was telling us about the above 'off' :lol: but it looks like was recorded over accidentally :?

And some laps of the circuit, all around 7MB at 'just' high quality:

A tidy lap earlier in that session with Anna:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... na_lap.wmv (7MB)

Alex doing a lap in the same car, nice goonage around the Hairpin and at Abbotts O:)

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... ex_lap.wmv (

Tom ( Icsunonove ) with A032R's on his car - We finally passed a hugely slow 355 who wasn't checking his mirrors and got a clear lap in. The car felt surprisingly progressive given that it was running cut slicks. <Hmm, how much are a set of A032s for 14" rims...?>

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_Oct05/Tom_lap.wmv

And a random lap of mine, looking at it certainly not one of my better ones of the day, but it will do for now. I'd been experimenting with soem different camera angles - this one was taken with the camera on the sunroof, pointing forwards:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/videos/Anglesey_O ... ra_top.wmv

After doing that lap I made a note not to try to ride the kerbs on the way out of Douglas ;)

Downloaded them all and left them on the desktop of the PC. My bird walks in and spots anna_lap.wmv sitting on the screen and goes nuts, thought it was a lap dancing video and I was then told in no uncertain terms "your not getting sex for a very long time!".

Pffft! IMOC you've got a lot to answer for!!!

Rikki

:D
MartG

Post by MartG »

Mispost
Goto10

Post by Goto10 »

Rikki wrote:
Downloaded them all and left them on the desktop of the PC. My bird walks in and spots anna_lap.wmv sitting on the screen and goes nuts, thought it was a lap dancing video and I was then told in no uncertain terms "your not getting sex for a very long time!".

Rikki

I'd have thought that "Ben_camera_top.wmv" or "Tom_lap.wmv" would have caused more concern! :)
MartG

Post by MartG »

Dunno if this will work - I've never uploaded video before.

A montage of clips of folks belting down the pit straight...

http://www.turbomr2.co.uk/killercarrot/ ... raight.wmv

( fairly sure thats Toms car you can hear right at the end - rather a distictive sound :D )
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Speedy wrote:oh, and Ben, thankyou very, very much for putting those taster clips up. Looking forward to seeing some more on Friday!! 8)

<added>
I've just noticed, from watching Anna at Radar carefully, that she does a little bit of counter-steering - but then she turns back in to the corner, like she's trying to hit the marshalls or something!!!

3. darn, missed

ROFLOL :lol:

Yes, I'd noticed that as well. Its nice to see a fellow 'shuffler' at work behind the wheel. :wink:

Well, I couldn't let that go after all the stick I got on Saturday evening from Anna and Lauren for doing that :mrgreen:
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Goto10 wrote:
Rikki wrote:

Rikki

I'd have thought that "Ben_camera_top.wmv" or "Tom_lap.wmv" would have caused more concern! :)

:shock: LoL! it was late, I was ... <digs hole>

I'll think about clip names a litttle more carefully in future.

Or perhaps I shouldn't :)
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Heh, Picman has got some good photo's there ..

I don't think I could get the Mk1 leant over much further without taking paint off the side panels :shock:

BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

MartG wrote:Dunno if this will work - I've never uploaded video before.

A montage of clips of folks belting down the pit straight...

http://www.turbomr2.co.uk/killercarrot/ ... raight.wmv

( fairly sure thats Toms car you can hear right at the end - rather a distictive sound :D )

Martin - if you need to upload a video, drop me a PM and we can host it here no problems.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

quigonjay wrote:
the buzzy sc's sound great, never heard one being hustled along before :wink:

A SC with a cone intake, big pulley and free-er flowing exhaust sounds really really good - the buzzy overtone is almost V8-like.

You don't really hear the Mk1 NA that well in the clips - when the TVIS opens at around 4,500rpms the engine note changes and it sounds fantastic. Very addictive!
anna

Post by anna »

BenF wrote:
Speedy wrote:oh, and Ben, thankyou very, very much for putting those taster clips up. Looking forward to seeing some more on Friday!! 8)

<added>

3. darn, missed

ROFLOL :lol:

Yes, I'd noticed that as well. Its nice to see a fellow 'shuffler' at work behind the wheel. :wink:

Well, I couldn't let that go after all the stick I got on Saturday evening from Anna and Lauren for doing that :mrgreen:

It's cos of the stupidly small wheel, and the special 'no support' seat in that car - I can't pitch into School without adjusting the wheel otherwise i'm too puny to hold on! (yeah I know - any excuse!)

Will have to see if I still do it when I get the seat sorted out :D
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

I've never heard my car at full bore before at close quarters until I let Lauren take it out for a little spin! :wink:

What a glorious sound! I love it. :D Reminds me a bit of a Spitfire. It doesn't have the raw angry buzziness of a NA though....

The footage from Ben's car looking backwards demonstrates the difference. Ben, does your rev limiter actually work? :-k

Anna, just get this from Demon Thieves, it's a lot cheaper than buying a new seat!:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ ... SAB901070N

It's four point, clip-in eyebolt stylie and makes a huge difference. On my first trackday in the SC without the harness it was hopeless. I was hanging onto the steering wheel for dear life. I couldn't drive it properly at all. The harness can be unclipped and removed in seconds. It's also road legal I understand...
lower

Post by lower »

did anyone actually get video of the s2000 blowing up? the guy who's car it was on the S2000 list wants to see it, as do the rest of that list!

All he's got are pictures of the result:

Return to “Event Videos”