skyline r33!!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

skyline r33!!

Post by jimGTS »

had a lil play up from 0-70mph on the dualcarridge way with one of these on saturday.(coming off a roundabout at traffic lights).

how many models of the skyline were there??? i know there was a GTR and 2.5 GTS, were there any more???
im pretty sure it wasnt a GTR (i think).
but the little session only took place from 2nd to 3rd as there was a car infront of his (which pulled over).
i happily kept with it and was very slowly gaining in 3rd. then there was some more traffic, so we both slowed.
good little burn for the day.

what are the specs on these, and did i do ok?? i mean, should he have beat me, or should i have beaten him??? i know the GTS are still 0-60 in the late 5s, but once rolling there monsters.

any opinions peeps??????
bodleytunes

Re: skyline r33!!

Post by bodleytunes »

Heres some specs on power, not sure of performance...

gts-t r32 rb20det - 2.0litre single turbo 214bhp

gts-t r33 rb25det - 2.5litre single turbo 250bhp? 1390kg

gt-t r34 276bhp?
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

also the GTT

skyline GTS 6.5
Skyline GTR 5.4
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

You might well keep up with a standard GTR mate, they are 276bhp and a lot heavier than an MR2...so if you've got some fairly minor mods e.g. boost controller you could easily be all over him.

Easiest way to tell (other than big GTR badge, but this doesn't always indicate it is one as you can buy them off ebay!) is ... look at the side and the rear of the car. If it has 'out' indicators it's a GTR, if they are smooth in the line of the car it's a GTST. As for the rear if it's flared it's a GTR, if it's 'straight' in line with the front of the car its a GTST. The GTR spoiler is generally different but a common upgrade on GTSTs too...

Have to say though having had a number of MR2s (three tubbies) and now on a GTR you wouldn't have kept up with a stage 1 or higher GTR...unless you had a few mods too.

T
DaveMPB

Post by DaveMPB »

my friend has a R33 GTS and he says it weights about 2ton??
Turbo power baby!!
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

tonigmr2 wrote:You might well keep up with a standard GTR mate, they are 276bhp and a lot heavier than an MR2...so if you've got some fairly minor mods e.g. boost controller you could easily be all over him.

Easiest way to tell (other than big GTR badge, but this doesn't always indicate it is one as you can buy them off ebay!) is ... look at the side and the rear of the car. If it has 'out' indicators it's a GTR, if they are smooth in the line of the car it's a GTST. As for the rear if it's flared it's a GTR, if it's 'straight' in line with the front of the car its a GTST. The GTR spoiler is generally different but a common upgrade on GTSTs too...

Have to say though having had a number of MR2s (three tubbies) and now on a GTR you wouldn't have kept up with a stage 1 or higher GTR...unless you had a few mods too.

T

got any pics of the rear of a GTs and a GTR, then i could tell you. i only saw the back of him.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Not on me but you can see plenty at the SOC or GTROC forums.

2 tonnes? That's a little heavy, more like £1600kg.
T
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

tonigmr2 wrote:Not on me but you can see plenty at the SOC or GTROC forums.

2 tonnes? That's a little heavy, more like £1600kg.
T

ah, one thing i can remember is that is had a rear spolier like a rev1/2 mr2! pretty low, and rapped around the car a little!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Definitely a GTST then.
T
Freebird

R34 GT

Post by Freebird »

My wife has a 1999 R34 GT, its the RB25 2.5 engine Non Turbo 4WD, Not quick in the same way as the Turbo 2, it see's 60 in around 7.5. It for sale for £9500 if anyones intrested
V8Killer

Post by V8Killer »

tonigmr2 wrote:You might well keep up with a standard GTR mate, they are 276bhp and a lot heavier than an MR2...so if you've got some fairly minor mods e.g. boost controller you could easily be all over him.

T

Hmmm...in that case that purple 33 i raced last last year was a GTR. Oh did it get a real whooping :twisted:
M5

Return to “Driving Experiences”