Options List

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Chunky Monkey

Options List

Post by Chunky Monkey »

Does anyone know if anyone has put up the full Factory option list for the mk1? I'd like to see some of the options available at the time the car was forsale.
What about production numbers etc? I thought the mr2mk1club.com boys had a page on it but for the life of me I can't find it 8-[
kevin..in

Re: Options List

Post by kevin..in »

Karl_T

Post by Karl_T »

I could email you some scans of the various showroom catalogues avaialble at the time. The UK one didn't list a lot, but that Japanese one has all the toys.

I started looking when I managed to get hold of a roofrack for mine. A totoally silly bit of kit.

Karl
Red ones go faster......
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

Karl_T wrote:I could email you some scans of the various showroom catalogues avaialble at the time. The UK one didn't list a lot, but that Japanese one has all the toys.

I started looking when I managed to get hold of a roofrack for mine. A totoally silly bit of kit.

Karl
Karl do you have any pics of the roof rack I've bought one but dont know how it fits at the back, not sure if I've got something missing (on the roof rack as well :D )
Chunky Monkey

Post by Chunky Monkey »

Karl, yeh that would be great, my address is thethinktank31[at]hotmail[dot]com

Cheers

Ro
Karl_T

Post by Karl_T »

kevin..in wrote: Karl do you have any pics of the roof rack I've bought one but dont know how it fits at the back, not sure if I've got something missing (on the roof rack as well :D )

Do you need better than the one on http://www.the-edge-of-nowhere.freeserv ... anorak.htm If so I'll take some of the bits. Mine hasn't got all the original screws, but to fit the rear rack you just remove two of the screws that go through the plastic trim on the C pillar (on each side), and hold the rack in place with fractionally longer ones. M6 I think. It helps if you have a small spacer around the screw so you're not clamping onto the plastic, but I've never worried as I've not actually ever put anything heavy on the rack.

Karl :)
Red ones go faster......
RichardMorgan

Does anyone know if anyone has put up the full Factory optio

Post by RichardMorgan »

I am still working on this and have pics of roof racks, coin trays, boot mats, door shields, car covers etc.
Richard Morgan
Chunky Monkey

Post by Chunky Monkey »

Hi Richard

Cool didn't know that there was anything in the pipeline :cyclops:
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

Karl_T wrote:
kevin..in wrote: Karl do you have any pics of the roof rack I've bought one but dont know how it fits at the back, not sure if I've got something missing (on the roof rack as well :D )

Do you need better than the one on http://www.the-edge-of-nowhere.freeserv ... anorak.htm If so I'll take some of the bits. Mine hasn't got all the original screws, but to fit the rear rack you just remove two of the screws that go through the plastic trim on the C pillar (on each side), and hold the rack in place with fractionally longer ones. M6 I think. It helps if you have a small spacer around the screw so you're not clamping onto the plastic, but I've never worried as I've not actually ever put anything heavy on the rack.

Karl :)
Karl I would love to see a pic from the back showing exactly the fit position as mine doesn't seem to be wide enough to reach the sides ( story of my life :shock: ) if I can get it to fit then I will have it refurbed and just fit it to look different rather than carry anything the weight sticker says 60Kg I think
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Options in Japan included (from my Jap SC document)

A T-Bar roof.
Covers for the T-Bar roof.
None colour coded Mudflaps.
Sideskirts
Alloy Wheel choice (Mk1a or Mk1b wheels - or indeed steel wheels!)
No rear TOYOTA spoiler (an extra on the S edition)
No rear spoiler (extra on the S edition)

Interior Options include:

No Stereo - or a choice of 6 FM/Cassette players
Cruise Control
A subwoofer (!!)
Cassette Box
Coin Tray - this was only available if a certain style of Cassette player was chosen.
Interior Colours (the usual blue or black)
None adjustable seats (all grey) (this was only on the S edition)
The world famous electric fog lamps
MR2 written down the bottom of the door
The afforementioned roof-rack
What looks like some kind of radio system??
Extra side indicator repeaters...

Other anomolies from a "Black Edition" document are.... (Only 100 Black Edition made)

Mk1a car - JDM spec but with Sunroof
All black car - but with Grey, non adjustable "S Edition" seats
MR2 written down the bottom of the door..
No stereo
BLACK LIMITED written on the window spoiler (where TOYOTA is normally written)
Black MR2 Mudflaps
Black colour coded sideskirts and front valance
Black colour coded mirrors and trim

Front a document entitled "Create my MR2! - Toyota's Genuine MR2 accessories" (This really is a fabulous document!) The following.....

The much desired electric front fog lamps - costing 18000 YEN!
Selecting what goes on the little sticker in front of the gear stick MR2, TOYOTA MR2 or 1 2 3 4 5 R - costing 900-1500 YEN!
Extra side indicator repeaters - costing 4300 YEN
A "LIMITED" sticker in the rear window (often seen on SC's) costing 3200 YEN
Sideskirts - costing 15000YEN
TOYOTA rear window spoiler - costing 9500 YEN
Rear Spoiler - no cost (unless S edition presumably)??
Roof Rack - costing 19800 YEN
Ski Rack - costing 19800 YEN
Roof Rack and "MR2" Roof Box, costing 28000 YEN
A stripe down the seal of the door and rear wing saying "TOYOTA" (difficult to explain I know) costing 2200 YEN
Rear Mud Flaps - 8400 YEN
MR2 alloy wheel locking nuts - costing 5800 YEN
An MR2 windscreen cover (to keep out blazing sun) costing 4400 YEN
A strip whichs goes down the window pillar, and across the top of the door saying MR2 (another difficult one to explain) costing 4500 YEN
A Selection of MR2 seat covers (with the eagle on) costing 5250 - 12000 YEN
The much desired MR2 ladys shoe box! 4800 YEN
Selection of MR2 footmats complete with MAN IN DANDISM, MR2 and the badge - in various colours to suit your new MR2's colour - 12000 - 16000 YEN
MR2 Front and Rear Boot Lining (ive just bought a set of these in Japan) 18000 YEN
MR2 Key Box Presentation Case, including key, certificate and presentation box! Worth every penny of 3200 YEN
Cassette Box - 5500 YEN
This mysterious in car CB radio kit - 119000 YEN
Selection of Tape players (some of which had auto reverse!!!) ranging from 44000 YEN too 89000 YEN
TOYOTA MR2 car cover anyone? 9500 YEN
Alarm System? 2800 YEN
Snow Tracks? 7800 YEN

HTH

Wayne.
Maybe a can of original MR2 touch up paint? 600 YEN!
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
Chunky Monkey

Post by Chunky Monkey »

OOO thats good reading. Do you have a digital copy of it that you could maybe possibly email it to me??

Cheers

Ro
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

I think this would be something that IMOC/MR2MK1Club might be interested in hosting, as Monkey says, it seems this document cannot be lost. I'd love to see it aswell
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

so come on where can i get the fog lamps from? i`ve been searching for years.found some in the philippines but they got nicked before they could be shipped. :(
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

crazylegs wrote:so come on where can i get the fog lamps from? i`ve been searching for years.found some in the philippines but they got nicked before they could be shipped. :(

Japland would probably be your best bet, but are you really sure you want them? They look atrocious. Mark has a pair lying around somewhere that he took off his old SC for the above reasons! He doesn't have the wiring loom though.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

get him to dig them out for me and we can discuss a small fee.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

crazylegs wrote:get him to dig them out for me and we can discuss a small fee.

Only if you promise me you are not going to fit them to your lovely silver MK1. ;)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

PM Mark 'Shish' and he'll sort you out:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/profile.ph ... rofile&u=6
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

PM sent cheers.
I`m sure they will look fine.I have never seen these in the flesh and you may be right they could be nasty, but I`m interested in the unusual. You have got to try things or you cant pass judgement. Suppose that goes for life as well :-k
Chunky Monkey

Post by Chunky Monkey »

& I think I outbid you for my set didn't I crazylegs? I need a switch tho, got to make it look factory ;)
My plan is to fit them in the holes of a StyleAuto front skirt.
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

Lauren wrote:
crazylegs wrote:so come on where can i get the fog lamps from? i`ve been searching for years.found some in the philippines but they got nicked before they could be shipped. :(

Japland would probably be your best bet, but are you really sure you want them? They look atrocious. Mark has a pair lying around somewhere that he took off his old SC for the above reasons! He doesn't have the wiring loom though.
I agee with you Lauren I like odd bitsthat know one else has, but fogs on a mk1 look crap! even or especially the genuine ones #-o

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”