Rocking horse poo parts

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

crazylegs

Rocking horse poo parts

Post by crazylegs »

Just a quick question I have some parts you will never find any where now that I have had stored for 15 years and was looking to see if there would be any interest. I have to dig them out of the depths of the garage but I know they are there!! There will be some surface rust but they are all new and have ZERO miles.
I have a brand new in its original Toyota crate short engine. This engine block comes complete with a brand new crank, bearings etc. No ancillaries. I will repeat this is a brand new, never run, factory supplied short engine. I had it balanced with a brand new fidanza flywheel and brand new clutch.
I also have a vapour blasted cylinder head fitted with new slim stem valves, new KK294 cams and top quality(cant remember the make) adjustable sprockets. These cams are Canadian and give the highest lift possible whilst still using the original cam followers. I believed they are shimmed about right. ( Does the shim bank still exist in the club? ) These cams are the dogs danglies and you will get superb performance without having to go for different followers or change the fuelling. Used in Track cars in Canada.
I was going to do a super quick sleeper car but things got in the way and it has all been stored.
Some may remember me from the distant past at event and the S E area.
Just putting out feelers, I will get photos and part numbers later.
Now in sunny Wiltshire
crazylegs

Re: Rocking horse poo parts

Post by crazylegs »

no comments? no one got any questions about a brand new zero miles engine still in its toyota crate? I dont believe it!
jimi

Post by jimi »

This forum is dead Kev, barely see's a post a month :( MK1 club isn't much better. Don't know about FB, but there seems to be little interest in MK1's anywhere at the moment.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

thanks Jimi, not been around the MK1 scene for 15 years. Thought I might get the SC out of the barn. I have loads of junk to clear first though !!
widster

Post by widster »

It's certainly quieter than it used to be on here. I still have a Jimi bracket to fit. Is that the same Jimi?
jimi

Post by jimi »

widster wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:33 am
I still have a Jimi bracket to fit. Is that the same Jimi?

I am that Jimi 8) Time you got on with fitting it, you got it 13 years ago :shock: :lol:
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

Just noticed this post I would say WOW re factory engine, its almost a case of keep for a museum.

But as said the forum is pretty dead, blloody faceache is why, its immensly infuriating that a rubbsh useless platform is resposible

I know I post on it but i do hate it, and the mindless idiots it has spouting on there!!

know I should get off the fence!!
That's a negative, Jim. I do not have the measles.
Hail Cosmos Eagle Rev 5, 1998 -
RIP White Eagle Rev 1, 1991 - 2016

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”