[Mk2] [Turbo] Top mount intercooler

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Top mount intercooler

Post by Ryan S »

https://www.tuningdevelopments.uk/produ ... cts_id=275

Apparently supports 600bhp. I'd have to make up some pretty mad pipework to get to my daft side feed inlet. I have never really heard much about tuning developments and I can't see any real world info about this intercooler.
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

For that money probley a re branded Chinese one tbh... would work but on a hot day and driving hard it would get heat soak I would image..

Would a Boot mount set up a better option for you?
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

That is just a £99 Chinese Freddy intercooler, but they want £180 for it...

The wheel already exists, don't tie yourself up in knots trying to reinvent it. Either re-do the chargcooler set up (this is what I'd do) or fit a boot mount intercooler
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I thought the exact same thing. Why they are saying it supports 600bhp is beyond me.

Yeah you're right rob. I think for now I'll sort the CC system. It did work well when it worked.

I may go bootmount Rich. I did want to keep the boot but it's not a deal breaker.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

sorry to keep bleating on guys. I would like to add a reservoir tank to my CC setup but I thought the reservoir had to be HIGHER than the CC core. However in this video that is definitely not the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=634Qwkf__hk

Can anybody shed some light on this? I have the space to do exactly the same with mine as in the video.
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

No my swirl pot for the CC system isn't higher than the cc core.... the pump has to be the lower than the swirl pot to feed the pump... air will always be forced to the swirl pot but as long as the pump pick up the coolant it doesn't mater where the level of the cc and the swirl pot are as it will always flow

hope it helps

cheers rich
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ah, so i guess the pressure from the pump fills the core before the water being pumped back into the reservoir? I'm gonna add a tank in that case. I have plenty room from it.

Return to “Modifications”