REV 2 TO REV3 CONVERSION

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

welshboyo

REV 2 TO REV3 CONVERSION

Post by welshboyo »

Hi guys hope you dont mind me asking you all. i was after some advise and you guys are in the know .
i currently have a rev 2 tubby but i want to go down the rev 3 conversion are these the parts i need ??
rev 3 ecu
rev 3 injectors
walbro fuel pump
rev 3 map sensor
mat sensor
iat sensor
ignitor

does this sound about right??? and would you have any ideas where i can source these parts from ???
i have already got the ct20b turbo all rebuilt and a metal head gasket
Juliuswws

Re: REV 2 TO REV3 CONVERSION

Post by Juliuswws »

welshboyo wrote:Hi guys hope you dont mind me asking you all. i was after some advise and you guys are in the know .
i currently have a rev 2 tubby but i want to go down the rev 3 conversion are these the parts i need ??
rev 3 ecu
rev 3 injectors
walbro fuel pump
rev 3 map sensor
mat sensor
iat sensor
ignitor

does this sound about right??? and would you have any ideas where i can source these parts from ???
i have already got the ct20b turbo all rebuilt and a metal head gasket

Hi,

I'm no expert in this by any means, but AFAIK the cylinder head is much different in REV3 so you might need that too.
REV3 engine wiring harness would also be helpful.
I wouldn't go Walbro FP. Apparently it's loud and doesn't last very long as I read here. Go with Supra MK4 (290lph) or there is some ATS (<-or something) pump around which supposed to be very good.

A MAP sensor is very expensive, along with everything else.
You might as well need some hard piping + hoses too.

I don't know where to get all this, but you might contact mr-mr2 on ebay. He was always decent when I needed some parts.

Financially, I think it might be better if you sold your REV2 and try to get a REV3. Maybe I'm wrong...

Cheers,
Julius
welshboyo

Post by welshboyo »

thanks for the reply mate i did hear the walbro fuel pumps was noisy as well just seeing what other people thought of them.
i am desperate to get rid of my air flow meter lol plus just had my ct20b rebuilt so just thought go down the rev 3 route . I hear you when you say get a rev 3 and sell my rev 2 but my car is immaculate no rust and a lot of work has been done to her . i was not looking at huge power just wanted a few extra horses under the hood .
Juliuswws

Post by Juliuswws »

welshboyo wrote:thanks for the reply mate i did hear the walbro fuel pumps was noisy as well just seeing what other people thought of them.
i am desperate to get rid of my air flow meter lol plus just had my ct20b rebuilt so just thought go down the rev 3 route . I hear you when you say get a rev 3 and sell my rev 2 but my car is immaculate no rust and a lot of work has been done to her . i was not looking at huge power just wanted a few extra horses under the hood .

I totally understand about the keeping the chassis if its in good condition.
I'm sure there are ways to get more power out of your REV2 which I'm not aware of. Different camshaft might get you somewhere, but not sure how to get rid of the AFM.

I would shop around for a complete engine than and when you finished, you could sell your REV2 engine.

I would get in contact with breakers like mr-mr2 and tell them what you want and what can you offer in exchange (<-old engine etc) and see what they say.
steven63

rev3 rev2

Post by steven63 »

you can fit the ct20b turbo without upgrading anything else, then raise the boost to15psi max and get around 20hp more than the stock ct26 and another 10-15hp with a D-cat pipe, with these mods and a bigger intercooler you could be around 280hp, you don't need a fuel pump upgrade until your over around 320hp, you will not see any hp gains by removing the AFM unless you are going for 350hp+, but you will have to remove it if upgrading to rev3 electronics

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”