Front Wheel Bearing Recommendations?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Equium Duo

Re: Front Wheel Bearing Recommendations?

Post by Equium Duo »

Juliuswws wrote:
Equium Duo wrote:
Juliuswws wrote:I currently have blueprint:

Brake discs and pads (all)
Ignition coil
Dizzy cap
Ignition leads
Rear wheel bearing (NSK 43BDW06)
CV boots (inner and outer on one side)
Timing tensioner and idler (Koyo and GMB)

The tensioner (ADT37626) was my luckiest pick so far in regards of branding as it was the same (Koyo PU355816RR9D) as I would have got it from Toyota, but for the fraction of the price.

All the above parts are great quality.

I have ton of information of cheaper parts and already made a little guide of cheaper good quality timing parts. I was thinking to make a more comprehensive list, but the first guide got absolutely zero interest.

Cheers

Buddy I would nsap your hand off for that. :D

Even if it was RAW data for me ot at least comb through. Right now I'm planning ot make a list of parts that i can get fromother sources, such as different bolts from MCMaster Carr.

I'll keep my hands away than :)

What car have you got? I mostly have info on consumables for REV3+ turbo.
For bolts, I usually go to Toyota.

What consumables are you planning to change?

Cheers

I've got a rev 1 body and gen2 turbo swap with (i'm pretty sure) an LSD E153.

I'm looking to replace some of the grubbier load bearing boltswith some fresh new parts. I've sourced most from TCB / MR2BEn etc. But there are some whuich I have not had luck finding. Some of the bolts that hold brackets etc. I was looking at McMasterCarr as they specify the tensile strength. I think if I get a 170k psi bolt for certain places I can't go wrong.

Change my mind though! :D
Juliuswws

Post by Juliuswws »

stephenj wrote:
GMB or even Koyo if you are really lucky.

Loocks like i was really lucky, ordered a pair of Blueprint Bearings and they're both KOYO which is the same as what came out of the hub.

Wow, that really is good. Same bearing as you would have got it from Toyota for much less.
Juliuswws

Post by Juliuswws »

Equium Duo wrote:
Juliuswws wrote:
Equium Duo wrote:

Buddy I would nsap your hand off for that. :D

Even if it was RAW data for me ot at least comb through. Right now I'm planning ot make a list of parts that i can get fromother sources, such as different bolts from MCMaster Carr.

I'll keep my hands away than :)

What car have you got? I mostly have info on consumables for REV3+ turbo.
For bolts, I usually go to Toyota.

What consumables are you planning to change?

Cheers

I've got a rev 1 body and gen2 turbo swap with (i'm pretty sure) an LSD E153.

I'm looking to replace some of the grubbier load bearing boltswith some fresh new parts. I've sourced most from TCB / MR2BEn etc. But there are some whuich I have not had luck finding. Some of the bolts that hold brackets etc. I was looking at McMasterCarr as they specify the tensile strength. I think if I get a 170k psi bolt for certain places I can't go wrong.

Change my mind though! :D

Yeah these are not so much everyday consumables.
Have you looked around on one of the online parts catalogs?
I get bolts from Toyota

Cheers
Equium Duo

Post by Equium Duo »

I found great catalogues for AUstralia and USA, but my google-fu has failed me for the UK.

Toyota themnselves refer to their stupid ebay page and i hate it haha. Unless you know how to find equivalent part numbers from other cars then they dont show up.

I use this website to find the original part number for the car:

http://japan-parts.eu/toyota/jp/1994/mr ... ngine-fuel

then from there I try adn find either the toyota part or a suitable alternative.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Toyodiy still works for an epc that does everything I've found. But you've gotta log in for the pictures
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Speaking of bolts, my exhaust started getting very loud the last two times I took the car out. Checked underneath and all three bolts from the downpipe to the midpipe were totally gone. :shock:

Luckily my pal had a couple of M10 bolts that fit, but now I really need a new set of nuts and bolts. It does look like mr2ben does a 3 inch 3bolt gasket which should fit. I wonder if he'll have the fittings too.

Edit: never mind I ended speaking to brd for a new set and a gasket
Marty J

Post by Marty J »

Are there alternative suppliers for nuts and bolts with same specification as Toyota?

I know that it would be tedious to compile a list, but part numbers and dimensions would help. Over the years I have lost a lot of these parts. Toyota bolts seem to be pricey for what they are, or am I behind the times with the prices?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”