Radiator options

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mike

Radiator options

Post by Mike »

I've just discovered that my radiator is virtually non-existent! Looking at a replacement. Has anyone tried this item from MR2 Ben https://mr2-ben.co.uk/products/121

Or this one from Fensport https://www.fensport.co.uk/collections/ ... or-mr2-mk2

Any opinions on quality and ease of fitting (my AC radiator has been remove which should help) are welcome
Juliuswws

Radiator

Post by Juliuswws »

Hey mate,

I was in the same shoe over a year ago.

Have a look at this:
forums/viewtopic.php?t=194368&p_sid=838 ... 349b0e0741

I didn't go with the Ben type as that has plastic tanks on side.

Cheers

P.S: I didn't go with the the little valve on the top for bleeding as its not necessary.
Race Idiot

Re: Radiator options

Post by Race Idiot »

I just bought a Mishimoto one. Definitely had lower coolant temps than the busted old standard rad
twig

Post by twig »

I replaced mine last year after noticing that mine was not only missing most of its fins but also leaving a puddle in the garage. I paid £90 on ebay and was very pleased with it. I got it from an ebay user called budget-radiators but they don't seem to be present any longer. I'm sure others will be selling the same model.

I was happy with it and had no problem fitting it (except arguments with rusted bolts and top brackets, but that's hardly the fault of the rad!). It felt surprisingly light so I weighed it and it was 2.4 kg.
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

+1 for Mishimoto rad with the fans should kit..good quality item :thumleft: :thumleft:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Jesus wrote:I've bought brand new Genuine Toyota Radiator for my MR2 because is the best radiator for this car.

Where did you buy it from?
BillyDS

Post by BillyDS »

rev2rich wrote:+1 for Mishimoto rad with the fans should kit..good quality item :thumleft: :thumleft:

Bet Mishimoto is the best rad to go nowadays. Will definitely consider them.
MR2TRD8

Radiators

Post by MR2TRD8 »

Mishimoto all the way with the twin fan setup

When my car was on the rolling road last week the mapper commented that Mr2's usually get hot and bothered and he's had to ease off them in the past while mapping but mine stayed cool the whole time

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”