[Mk2] [Turbo] Mr2 rev2 turbo cone filter size ?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

AdsMr23sge

[Mk2] [Turbo] Mr2 rev2 turbo cone filter size ?

Post by AdsMr23sge »

I'm replacing my cone filter and found this https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/653061201

Not sure if itll fit is 75mm the correct size ?

Cheers[/quote]
raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Mr2 rev2 turbo cone filter size ?

Post by raptor95GTS »

that's a high price, I'm sure I paid a lot less for a universal fit like this one for example
universal kit click me means you can then fit any 75mm cone filter as a disposable service item

edit - rev2 with the afm? Scrap my post above lol - wrong revision
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

I have an Apexi air filter on my rev 2 turbo, but the one in that ebay listing isn't a direct fit for th rev2 with an AFM.

The correct Apexi filter is a code 507-T007 as shown in this Amazon ad:
advert

These aren't as common and I had to import mine from Nengun:

Nengun website
which is currently shown at £103.74 (plus import taxes) on their website.

Hope that helps.

Paul
AdsMr23sge

Post by AdsMr23sge »

Cheers Paulin I'm going to order one off nengun however I've never ordered from overseas so is it relatively easy and just a long wait I'm guessing? No lost shipments or anything

I'm trying to find the best way to 300bhp or near enough at the moment so just trying to source decent parts
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

In general, I've ordered all sorts of non car stuff from abroad and never had a problem. Germans I've found are particularly easy to deal with and very reliable.

I've only bought a couple of things from Negun, but they seem to have a pretty good reputation among Japanese car enthusiasts, and I had no problems with them. Their paperwork also came in English, so no need to reach for Google translate. My filter came via Fedex, who invoiced me for the import charges prior to delivery. But it did take 6 weeks to arrive from Japan, and could be longer in current circumstances.

The actual Apexi installation instructions will probably be in Japanese, but I used an installation guide, linked below, which is for fitting it to an MR2 with an AFM, and is also very comprehensive:
Installation Guide

Hope that helps.

Paul

Return to “Modifications”