Premium membership

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Race Idiot

Re: Premium membership

Post by Race Idiot »

Just got an e-mail from paypal saying my premium membership was renewed?

Why? I've not been a premium member for a few years, I've got a transaction id of 4TS86553V1234825P

Maybe if you could sort this out instead of deleting posts you don't like on your FB page it would be nice
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: Premium membership

Post by toxo »

It was renewed because when you subscribe to something in Paypal it creates a rule in your Paypal account to regularly send the money, like a standing order in your bank account, until you cancel the subscription. Which you can do in your Paypal account at any time. There is nothing we can do about you voluntarily sending us money, other than fix your group membership on here if the link between Paypal and us is broken, which it is for many people these days. I have manually done yours now, as I and Scott and Brian and so on have for many people when they highlight a problem. We have been trying to resolve this on and off for years thanks to the mess of code and hacks that have lead the Paypal subscription mechanism to fall to bits.

You have instructed Paypal to regularly send us money, uninstruct them if you want to stop! We literally have no method of stopping your end of it.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!

Return to “Club News and Announcements”