[Mk2] [Turbo] 800cc Injectors advice

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dilly

[Mk2] [Turbo] 800cc Injectors advice

Post by Dilly »

Ive been looking for some Sard 800cc side feed injectors for my Rev 3 turbo.

I thought that was going to be a nice simple upgrade to get on the car before I fit the Motec and get it mapped. However the bloke I bought the Motec from asked what injectors I planned on running and when I told him. He told me to be careful because they haven't been made for 8 years plus. So the ones available are copies or fakes.

Ive found these in the US, and theres a UK company called Montani-Racing knocking out the same (for more £££)

https://ksm-motorsports.com/products/4- ... 88b6&_ss=r

Can anyone one with a bit more knowledge on the subject give me some advice on whether these are ok. Or if anyone has some Sards laying around they fancy selling?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] 800cc Injectors advice

Post by Ryan S »

They look exactly the same as SARDs. I've seen the KSM stuff and it seems to cheap to be true but they do have loads and loads of great feedback.
Dilly

Post by Dilly »

Ryan S wrote:They look exactly the same as SARDs. I've seen the KSM stuff and it seems to cheap to be true but they do have loads and loads of great feedback.

It does say they are rebuilds, using sard internals. So i'm guessing thats a copy plastic body with re flowed used internals? :-k
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I'm really not sure man. The sards do have blue tops but fitment wise they look the same. Same as stock too.
Dilly

Post by Dilly »

Ryan S wrote:I'm really not sure man. The sards do have blue tops but fitment wise they look the same. Same as stock too.

They do the blue tops aswell but as far as I know those are low impedance and the browns are high impedance. I figured as its being mapped to go with high impedance and just delete the resistor pack.

On a different note, I read your build thread yesterday. Good read that! You must be a happy man now, that things a weapon! Got to admit I do love a yellow car and it really suits the MR2 especially with the aggressive kit.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ah, I totally forgot about the low/high impedance! I was impressed with KSMs feedback but I never had the balls to take the plunge on them.

Cheers dude! Still a couple of things left to do, I'm away to fit 1000cc top feeds and have it mapped again. Should make the 480bhp I'm after no problem.

The car is quick but the power band is way up the rev range so while it is quick, It's not as nice to drive around town. It's still nice, It's just still not mapped properly yet so we'll see how it goes!
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

If high imp, and red top, it's likely these are 850s, as found on the rx7.
Would also require a rail adapter to fit.
Dilly

Post by Dilly »

Am I better of with these? they are listed as low impedance..

https://ksm-motorsports.com/products/4- ... bddf&_ss=r
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Either or. The rx7 850s are very obviously different(they also have a different pintle). I originally had a set with the required collars but sold them on in favour of the sard ones.
simpson_eh

Post by simpson_eh »

how much of a hurry are you in? im trying to get around to fitting my new id1050x but once there in il have a set of blitz 850 cc in rail up for sale not sure on turn around time though as i have to take the intake mani off to fit them im my usual garage is closed
If you see an MR2 with a raised engine cover, the bottom line is it's probably faster than your car.
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

Do you have to take the inlet manifold off the head to fit new top feed injectors?
simpson_eh

Post by simpson_eh »

Yeah, with the 1050 and top feed Racer X rail there is no way to fit it whilst its in place, tried and tried :( even removed the cables that run across the bottom of it and plastics just can't get the access needed
If you see an MR2 with a raised engine cover, the bottom line is it's probably faster than your car.
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

:!:
Last edited by blogsy on Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dilly

Post by Dilly »

simpson_eh wrote:how much of a hurry are you in? im trying to get around to fitting my new id1050x but once there in il have a set of blitz 850 cc in rail up for sale not sure on turn around time though as i have to take the intake mani off to fit them im my usual garage is closed

Not in a massive hurry, got plenty of other bits to get done.

Let me know when they are off :thumleft:
markr1

Post by markr1 »

I have those injectors in mine . On 370hp no issues. Only running 67% duty
Danbob

Post by Danbob »

markr1 wrote:I have those injectors in mine . On 370hp no issues. Only running 67% duty

Hi, do you mean you're using the KSM 800cc injectors?

I'm also very tempted by them

What turbo are you running at that power?
markr1

Post by markr1 »

Yes mate. Running 370hp now but putting a bigger turbo on atm. So we will see:thumleft:
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

I got my Sard 800cc low impedance from ATS in the US. I got them late 2013
Being running in my car since 2014. No issues

Return to “Modifications”