Considering Buying Another MR2. Rev & V6 Advice Needed.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tomm

Considering Buying Another MR2. Rev & V6 Advice Needed.

Post by Tomm »

I am hoping that this is posted in the correct section.

I have owned a few Mr2s over the year and sold my last one due to a house purchase. I have owned an array of cars since I last had my MR2 but I would be very interested in getting back into another before prices go through the roof. This is where my questions come in.

I am not overly interested in paying turbo prices, although i would very much like one. Ultimatley i would be happy with an N/A but have only ever owned Rev1 imports. I see a few of the later model cars come up within my price range. Is there that much of a difference in the drive of a Rev1 vs a later model?

I would very much be interested in a V6 swap. Will the Rev I choose ultimately matter if the power plant is to be removed and replaced?

A lot of the topics I read about the V6 swap are in some cases over ten years old. How available are things like donor cars and parts? Back when I had my first MR2, some 13 years ago the 3.0 Camry was the chosen donor vehicle, are these still the preferred choice?

Any help, suggestions or input would be gratefully received.

Thanks.
mrhappy62

Re: Considering Buying Another MR2. Rev & V6 Advice Needed.

Post by mrhappy62 »

I am on my second Rev 1 and have now got a 3vz camry engine in it ! the 2gr is the best V6 to go for but money was the deciding factor for me and I am more than happy with the 3Vz .
Archaeopteryx

Re: Considering Buying Another MR2. Rev & V6 Advice Needed.

Post by Archaeopteryx »

[quote="Tomm"]I am hoping that this is posted in the correct section.

I am not overly interested in paying turbo prices, although i would very much like one. I would very much be interested in a V6 swap. Will the Rev I choose ultimately matter if the power plant is to be removed and replaced?

Hi mate,

Sorry what planet are you from?:cyclops:

Thanks

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”