[FINALIZED] 1989 Rev1 UKNA Sunroof White - Non Runner

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

toxo
IMOC Committee

1989 Rev1 UKNA Sunroof White - Non Runner

Post by toxo »

I have a 1989 'H' reg Rev1 UK NA car for sale. It is a non runner and will require you to come and remove it from the MK18 area, preferably on a flatbed or a trailer!

Car was originally a UK 3S-FE. At some point in its life it was converted to a V6. Right now it has a UK Rev4 NA engine swap, the engine has about 160k on it. I did the ECU harness conversion as it was in a right state when I got hold of it. It started and ran perfect. Then the starter broke. Right now the starter is in pieces and part of it is lodged in the gearbox. It will require the gearbox to be removed to retrieve the remains of the starter - it WILL NOT come out through the starter hole. A good starter motor is included.

The 2 bolt holes for the front gearbox mount are stripped. This is a fairly common problem on all MK2 gearboxes and is easily remedied with a timesert or a helicoil. The actual mount on the car is a brand new powerflex.

The gear linkage brackets need reattaching properly (the reason for removing the starter motor in the first place).

I believe the entire coolant system is present, but not installed. It has an aftermarket alloy rad up front, the hoses are all in the boot. Currently the system is dry/drained.

The driveshafts are unbolted at the outer CV joints. So, the stub is in the hub, but the rest is detached from the car but provided.

I had started putting the car back to standard - when I got it it had some horrendous 17" MOMO alloys and Rogue rev6 rear lights. It now has original alloys which are freshly refurbished with good tyres, and stock rear lights.

It's got a stereo/amp install in it behind the passenger seat. I haven't investigated it. It also has an aftermarket immobiliser with a touch fob.

The car has some corrosion to the passenger side rear sill. I'm not sure it would pass an MOT without some welding work. That aside it appears to be mostly solid. It's a sunroof model and being a white rev1 the body stripe is black, as are the sills (suggesting they've been repaired before).

For reasons that are not clear it has a Celica alternator, which is slightly smaller than stock.

One of the doors is a bit rotten. Another door is included.

The boot is FULL of spare parts. There are at least 4 rear light clusters, another starter motor, tons of bolts, brackets, spare engine mounts, wiring, etc. I am confident that all the wiring work is done, and all that is needed to make it work again is gearbox removal, starter motor swap, coolant pipe reinstallation, gear linkage reinstallation, driveshaft reinstallation, and fluids.

The garage it's at has no power or any other services, so you will just need to remove it - it can't be worked on where it is.

Last but not least, it has the highly sought after blue interior :D

£Offers.
Last edited by toxo on Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: [FINALIZED] 1989 Rev1 UKNA Sunroof White - Non Runner

Post by toxo »

Hopefully these images will work for a bit. It doesn't have these wheels or lights on it anymore:

https://imgur.com/a/tqGftnR

Video of it running: https://youtu.be/VPIz-eMf7wk
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Tempting... No idea on what to offer though
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was pistol pete

Return to “MR2s for Sale”