rev3

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

s. jones

rev3

Post by s. jones »

my rev3 turbo has started to throw lots of oil out of the catch can which I have venting to the air, my first thought was piston rings but a compression test shows all cylinders to be within 2psi of each other, the car still pulls well without any smoke and all turbo/inlet hoses are completely dry from oil, anybody any idea what could be causing this problem
shinny

Re: rev3

Post by shinny »

1) What are the compression test results? (ie. The cylinders are consistent, but could they be consistently low?)
2) Is is the stock catch can? If is isn't, does it need emptying? If it is, might the drain back to the sump be blocked?
s. jones

rev3

Post by s. jones »

shinny wrote:1) What are the compression test results? (ie. The cylinders are consistent, but could they be consistently low?)
2) Is is the stock catch can? If is isn't, does it need emptying? If it is, might the drain back to the sump be blocked?
It is the stock catch can, the drain is not blocked, the compression results are where they should be
CalMac

Re: rev3

Post by CalMac »

Might be worth changing the PCV valve to see if that helps, they're not too expensive
steven63

pvc

Post by steven63 »

CalMac wrote:Might be worth changing the PCV valve to see if that helps, they're not too expensive
think he told me the PCV is brand new

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”