[Mk2] [Generic] Speakers in doorcards?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

[Mk2] [Generic] Speakers in doorcards?

Post by Ryan S »

Anybody done this? Just wondering what size fits? I plan to cut a hole in the speaker section of the door card. Obviously bigger than stock, How big/deep can I go?
madbasshunter

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Speakers in doorcards?

Post by madbasshunter »

Ryan have a look at what I did on mine
forums/viewtopic.php?t=120442&p_sid=d39 ... 5cf1fc41ac

Have to say the new Vibe Slick 6 components (6.5" two way) are awesome clear sound good definition and they give good bass and for £42 in halfords unbelievable value.
They would fit well in the mr2 doors.
Last edited by madbasshunter on Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ahh, I've seen yours before bud. I don't want the bit in the door pockets but certainly love what you've done with the door cards. Bass isn't too much of an issue as i usually knock all the bass off and let the subwoofer do all that. But the vibe stuff is amazing. I've had a vibe amp since i was 17 years old (36 now) and it still powers the sub in my mr2 now :)
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

I have the vibe 6 cut at 100 and the sub at 80 so its more mid bass I am talking but really surprisingly good compared to the old sets of vibes I had or even the rainbows

I did buy these pods to fit on the mr2 doorcards but never did sadly

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3un62exdk4o6 ... 1CwjX12Dba
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

6.5inch fits behind the doorcard with an adapter (make one out of MDF), if you cut the plastic behind it.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

cheers for the input fellas. Was hoping to get bigger than even 6.5 by going right into the doorcard. My fuel pump is so noisy I can hardly hear anything over it ha!
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Ryan if you amp the 6.5s you will be surprised what they will do the new vibe amps are small enough to hide in the dash here is two sets in a door

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =591901266
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

that video is actually really impressive :shock: :shock:

i have a spare 800 watt amp in the car already. I also need to rewire the speakers anyway. Yeah think you've sold these to me. So i just need MDF adapter rings for them yeah?
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Yep mdf rings about 20mm thick if I remember correctly I would put some sound deadening behind its well worth it. RRP is £79.99 but as I said halfords are £42 and I got mine with a 10% off promo. The crossovers are in line and are round to look like a tweeter and you will get them behind the doorcard easily tweeters will go on stock mounts out of sight.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

yeah i see that on halfords website. Think i'll grab a set this week. I actually went into halfords and they had literally two set of pretty crap Pioneers.
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Yes I had to web order them as they don't seem to keep them in store #-o as I wanted to click and collect but couldn't, ordered monday evening collected Wednesday so not to bad
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

yeah i'm in no rush really. Just wondered what was good. I know speaker technology as moved on loads in recent years!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

So, Just ordered the slick 6 components, Micro amp, micro amp for sub and this head unit....

https://www.halfords.com/technology/car ... car-stereo

Been wanting a carplay unit for a while. Was unsure of which one to get but certainly wasn't going to spend £700 on one!!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

madbasshunter wrote:Ryan if you amp the 6.5s you will be surprised what they will do the new vibe amps are small enough to hide in the dash here is two sets in a door

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =591901266

Those vibe amps are amazing bud!!! No wiring needed at all for the 4 channel one!!! Comes with it's own wee harness!! Cheers dude!!!

and the sub one has a wee remote level thing. I'm well pleased with all this stuff haha, just need to sort out adapter rings.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

so fitted all this stuff today. I cannot believe how good those speakers are with the amp. I don't know why i even bothered with the sub amp. It's totally unnecessary! So pleased with the setup now. Good shout!
rossonza
Premium Member

Post by rossonza »

Ryan S wrote:so fitted all this stuff today. I cannot believe how good those speakers are with the amp. I don't know why i even bothered with the sub amp. It's totally unnecessary! So pleased with the setup now. Good shout!

hmmmmmm bookmarked :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Deffo get the amp too. I've had use of a 12 speakers harmond kardon and this wee setup blows that away! Admittedly my head unit does have fancy crossover functions but even before i set that up it was outstanding!
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Ryan S wrote:so fitted all this stuff today. I cannot believe how good those speakers are with the amp. I don't know why i even bothered with the sub amp. It's totally unnecessary! So pleased with the setup now. Good shout!

I thought you would be surprised by it all, I have to say I have been very impressed with the slick 6, and once you have the sub in you will be be even happier with it 8)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I do have the sub in. I have an 8 and 10 inch running off the micro amp. But even with it off it is absolutely mind blowing! So glad you recommended that. I've had allsorts in my mr2s over the years and this decimates the lot haha!

Thanks again :)
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Have you got a link to the micro amp? Honestly my setup is terrible mainly because it's still going off the hu, but I just want a nice small amp.

Return to “ICE and Security”