Red Rev 3 tintop turbo (pictures added)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dilly

Re: Red Rev 3 tintop turbo (pictures added)

Post by Dilly »

androo007 wrote:Dont bother with WI unless you're getting it mapped in. If it's not mapped in, it just arses around with your power and kills torque.

Personal experience.

Ok, thats good to know.

Preference would be to map it in and make the most of it. Its just risky if anything fails. Im going to see what kind of failsafe is available.
Nails

Post by Nails »

some decent kit going on there mate, it had a berk decat on bought and fitted by me when I sold it, I thought they didn't crack?

Looking forward to the results from mapping and the rebuilt turbo!
Dilly

Post by Dilly »

Nails wrote:some decent kit going on there mate, it had a berk decat on bought and fitted by me when I sold it, I thought they didn't crack?

Looking forward to the results from mapping and the rebuilt turbo!
#-o

It is a Berk downpipe and it's cracked! In quite a few places! So we'll see how the new one holds up. How old do you reckon that berk dp was then?
I'll get some pictures up when it's off the car..

Yeah I'm hoping to get some good results, seeing as you made near on 300bhp with bolt ons & boost controller.

Still just figuring out whether to chuck on bigger injectors before it goes for mapping. A mate has offered me a set of top feed 950's. So just a case of getting a new fuel rail.
Nails

Post by Nails »

It was one of the first things I did the car, I'd be tempted to say March 2012, so 8 year old and the car had 115,000 miles when MOT'd in match 2012.
Nails

Post by Nails »

update, facebook memory today shows in came today, 9 years ago.

Are you swapping dizzy for individual coils while on your on or does the new ECU not support that?

I wouldn't be surprised with now hybrid turbo, new rail and injectors and separate coils it should be around 330?

Return to “Member Profiles”