oVerboost's MR2 GT Rev4

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

oVerboost

Re: oVerboost's MR2 GT Rev4

Post by oVerboost »

Well... after a long time away I am now back.

Not just any MR2 though, I will soon be collecting my original black Rev5 MR2 (the very first picture in this thread) and I literally cannot be any more excited!

I missed out on getting it back once already, there was no way I was going to give up the chance again!

So yeah... it's had some changes, some upgrades etc. Some of you will likely know the car, or have seen it at shows or on Facebook.

But a week on Friday I am due to collect and bring it home! :pray: :D

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

That's awesome man! Great when things go full circle :)

Welcome back!
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Love the attention to detail you have. Even down to getting rid of the aero wiper blades (One of my pet hates! :evil: ) back to OEM. Although not sure I'd have changed the side repeaters :-k
oVerboost

Post by oVerboost »

So on Friday I flew up to Glasgow to collect the Rev5...

Drove it straight back after a full day at work and then flying, through the night into the early morning and arrived back in Plymouth at 8:30am absolutely exhausted, however it wasn't time for bed yet as the car had a bad vibration at over 65mph which was intermittent and in varying amounts of harshness through the steering wheel.

I'd suspected a brake caliper was the likely cause as the car did not roll out of gear and with the handbrake off, and after the long drive home the passenger front wheel was absolutely covered in brake dust - so that's where I started.

Wheel off, removed the caliper and found that one of the pistons was seized and stuck out, causing the brake to be on at all times. After spraying lots of WD40 into the seal and letting it sit for a while, pumping the pedal with the working piston clamped slowly but surely free'd up the seized one. Cleaned them all up, applied some copper slip where required and re-assembled. Car now rolls freely, and on the test drive it didn't vibrate so hopefully that's what it was (cannot think what else would cause it especially as it was intermittent).

It was too warm to machine polish the car as I'd wanted to do, that will be done throughout this week in the cooler evenings.

Quick wash, t-tops removed and a blast out to do a few quick photos and an excuse to drive it again. I'm glad to have it back! It needs a few bits sorting, but that can be done over time.

Anyway, this will be the last update in this thread, I will start a new one I think so it doesn't get confusing having two cars in the same thread lol.

Return to “Member Profiles”