MR2 turbo Vs BMW M3 + Civic Type R

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stevetubbyturbo

MR2 turbo Vs BMW M3 + Civic Type R

Post by stevetubbyturbo »

My 4X4 Hilux is out of action (Heater matix poped) so i had to take my Tubby (which has had some power increasing mods fitted) out of hibernation for a few weeks and am i glad i did.

My boss decided to buy himself a late xmas present and got a Civic type R and was bragging how fast it is for 2 weeks and telling me it would kill my Tubby (me thinking yeah right and humoring him) as the days went on he was telling everyone how he burn off any car :puker: and them my mate purked up and said to my boss it wouldnt even come close to mine and my boss challanges me and i tell him no thanks as i dont race on the public roads. :D then he calls me Chicken and he wins by default so i say ok you got your race.

After work we go to our car park and get into our cars and make our way to the dual carriage way and come to the roundabout just before it and im behind the CTR, as we hit the DCW this M3 comes flying off the roundabout and is behind me the CTR is is in front of me and hes flooring it im in 2nd and my turbo kicks in and pass the CTR whilst changing to 3rd and foot to floor and im leaving the CTR behind and also the M3 so i back off and slow down back to the speed limit.

Then the M3 is back on my tail and hes right on my tail and thats one thing i hate is someone tailgateing me and im mad now :twisted: . I start to slow down to really get on this blokes nerves and im down to 40 mph and he pulls out and comes to my side and gives me the middle finger :evil: :evil: :evil: so drp to 2nd and floor it again and so does he and im cpeeping ahead 3rd and im gaining more ground 4th and im gone and hes humiliiated :D and i back off again to the speed limit and he never passes me again.
god do i love my Tubby.

Sorry for essay but i had to tell someone.

Steve

1990 MR2 GT TURBO with attitude.
bodleytunes

Re: MR2 turbo Vs BMW M3 + Civic Type R

Post by bodleytunes »

What mods hav ya got ?
billy

Post by billy »

Good story.......Good Skills..... :wink:
fizz

Post by fizz »

Which model M3? The latest Revision?

Ive left the older M3's.. but before my mods i had problems with the new ones ... :roll:
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

You had probs with the new M3's? Loads of people here have wiped the floor with em. I came across one the first night (about 0130 am) I had my current tubby. I was testing the stock suspension so I could get a better idea of how much the H&R's improved things. So I went round a bend pretty fast. He must've noticed me so flashed me then caught up as I was doing the speed limit by then (40 on that stretch), came up along side me nodded and floored it. I didnt as we were just approaching a roundabout which he didnt notice! He almost went straight over it! Going round the roundabout now Im just behind him. Come off the exit and he floors it. I wait till Im just out of it and do the same. Now I'm right behind him and he moves over and I carry off down the dual carriage way. He looked well confused/upset. I guess he didnt impress his bird then!
stevetubbyturbo

Ive just gone about as far as you can go with a Rev2 engine (ive replaced the Rev 1 for rev 2) with stock inturnals and Bolted on a Stage 2 turbo, Huge charge cooler, E-manage ECU, De-cat 3" pipe with DP2 exhaust, Helix Stage 2 clutch, lighter flywheel, Induction kit and some other stuff which i cant remember just done so much to it,

The M3 was the 2000 model i think (im not very clued up on BMW)

Steve
bodleytunes

Post by bodleytunes »

I think the big power m3 (E46) is 2001+

That was 343bhp and 275lb of torque.
fizz

Post by fizz »

bodleytunes wrote:I think the big power m3 (E46) is 2001+

Aye.. thats the one that got away from me once we hit 90+ but then my car was only boosting at 7.5 PSI... it would be WHOLE different story now.. :twisted:
stevetubbyturbo

bodleytunes wrote:I think the big power m3 (E46) is 2001+

In theory i should be able to keep up with one of them as well them as mines 338 bhp and 263ib torque but my MR2 is 300 kgs lighter.
But this is only on paper i wont know until i come up against a E46.

Must admit it is good to see peoples faces who have spent £30k on a car getting whooped my G plate MR2 :D

Steve
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

From a rolling start, 40mph ish, I was neck and neck with an M3 evo3.2l e46. Only right at the very end of the rev range just before I changed would pull a fraction on him. And he did have 4 people in the car :oops:

Standing start and he would've been breakfast though :D

Return to “Driving Experiences”