Rear suspension ride height issue

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

scooby seb

Rear suspension ride height issue

Post by scooby seb »

Hi guys

After some help, I'm just setting up my rear bump stops on my 94 rev2 n/a running k sport coilovers. So I started measuring the travel I had left on the strut with the car under load and found 10mm difference between each side, o/s/r was compressed 10mm more, first thought was the pre loads where at different heights so measured them but both were equal, then wiped both rear shocks off and measured every part of them and all spot on. Then thought maybe the springs might of been different weights so swopped them side to side, still no change so swopped shocks side to side, still no change.
So now started looking at possibly bent lower arms or binding on the bushes, stripped them all down and checked all were straight and were even side by side, I've just fitted poly bushes to the arms and refitted them back on checked but found there's no change at all??
With the car under load I measured the end of the tie rod down to the floor (floors level as I checked with spirit level) and even both sides, measured the subframe to the floor and that's even, measured from the top shock bolt through the hub and that's even to, but the spring is compressed to 160mm on the o/s and 170mm on the n/s.
When the cars sitting on its wheels you can see the car sits higher on the n/s/r and this is without any weight in the drivers seat, I know I can adjust the ride height on the coilovers but don't want to mess with the shock travel.
Just seeing if anyone has had any similar issues or got any ideas??

Cheers in advance, scott👍
Draven

Re: Rear suspension ride height issue

Post by Draven »

are they new?

I'm wondering if the spring has sagged on one side..

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”