Anyone using quick release steering wheel boss?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pbmr2

Anyone using quick release steering wheel boss?

Post by pbmr2 »

Hey all,

Have any of you got a quick release steering wheel boss?

Looking to fit a bucket seat and entry/exit is a bit tight even with a 350mm wheel. I'm short so sit quite forward.

Looking to findout how much the release boss changes the wheel position. Firstly the wipers and lights need to still be in easy reach and secondly don't want he wheel too close for comfort.

Sadly my car doesn't have the in/out adjustment on the cloumn, can this be retrofitted to a UK car?
tiff_lee

Re: Anyone using quick release steering wheel boss?

Post by tiff_lee »

I would of thought the adjustable column can be retrofitted and was something I was going to swap out of my 'spare parts' mr2 just so I have that functionality but it's not something i've looked into as of yet.

With regards to steering wheel boss I have NRQ quick release with the short boss and it's absolutely fine for me doesn't make much difference at all.
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

My momo boss is the standard lengeth, so would prob be a little too much distance to the stalks.

Struggles to find a boss that worked with the indicators, let alone a short one.
(car is rev 4 uk)
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I bought the one from driftworks, nice solid bit of kit made in japan and works with a bunch of different wheels.

Makes it much easier getting out of the car now ive got a fixed bucket seat.
mrhappy62

Post by mrhappy62 »

I have one Luke came with the car !
Kent run next Sunday you can have a look !
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

I have one also, great security feature 8) , comes out a good couple of inches compared to my previous set up, i am used to it but at first i noticed the stalks were well further away.... :-k
pbmr2

Post by pbmr2 »

mrhappy62 wrote:I have one Luke came with the car !
Kent run next Sunday you can have a look !

Would love to make the Kent run, before the winter sets in, but the car isn't up to a thrashing in it's current state :(

2 shocks down, at least 1 sticking caliper, warped disc and tracking that is trying to put me in the left hedge all the time. Just not safe when pressing on too much.

But then could really do with a cooked breakfast.. Could cheat and just turn up for the food. :whistle:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”