[Mk2] [NA] What is this "thing" above the gear linkage bushings?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bittenfleax

[Mk2] [NA] What is this "thing" above the gear linkage bushings?

Post by Bittenfleax »

Hi, I was going to do the good ol' "rotate" trick to stiffen up my shifting on my 1995 G-limited N/A. Take a look at "Bill Strong's" video on Youtube called "Improve e153 shifting" if you are unsure what I am on about. Can't post links. #-o

Anyway, there is this "thing" above which is in the way. I am not too sure what it is. It has a large coolant tube going into it so it looks like a weekend job to remove it. Including the tubing which is in the way. I have pictures, but cannot post links #-o

Anyone else had this problem of this being in the way? How did you combat it? Did you end up taking it out along with draining the coolant? :-k

Cheers :)
kirk

Re: [Mk2] [NA] What is this "thing" above the gear linkage bushings?

Post by kirk »

You're referring to the square bush on the bell crank. It's much easier to do from underneath the car. You shouldn't need to do anything drastic like draining the coolant.
Bittenfleax

Re: [Mk2] [NA] What is this "thing" above the gear linkage bushings?

Post by Bittenfleax »

Ahh I see. I managed to get it from underneath like you said. Turns out it has already been rotated!!!! So it is worn on both sides...

Managed to pick one up from a local Toyota dealer for £19. Thanks for the help :)

Return to “Mechanical”