[Mk2] [NA] Which make standard height springs to fit ?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR22

[Mk2] [NA] Which make standard height springs to fit ?

Post by MR22 »

I'm renewing the front suspension on a '93 Rev2 N/A and find that Toyota can no longer supply original front coil springs. :(

I only want standard height, definitely not lowered, so has anyone fitted aftermarket items that do not jack the car up beyond standard spring height levels ? (Currently 25.5" : 65.5cms to wheelarch on 15" wheels with standard tyres)
I've heard this can be the case with some non-original Toyota springs so hope that those who have fitted others might share their experience. Maybe KYB RD1613's are a satisfactory alternative ?

Thanks.
abovetherim

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Which make standard height springs to fit ?

Post by abovetherim »

The problem you may have is the old springs will have sagged somewhat. By how much and how much standard spec springs will raise the car is a bit hit and miss.
When I put -30mm Apex springs on it raised my car about 2 inches!!
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

I think Eibach sports bring the car back up to stock height, which gives a decent amount of clearance (won't be hitting the front lip on any speed bumps too quick)

They may look way higher then they should be, but like previously mentioned, these cars are 20+ years old now so have sagged a lot so everyone gets a bit used to the lower look.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

I'm surprised Mr T say they can no longer supply springs themselves.. seems a major item to delete from stock. Have you tried a few different spares departments?

It might also be worth a call to Trevor at TCB parts to see what he has….
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

aussieGT wrote:I think Eibach sports bring the car back up to stock height
I put Eibach springs on mine years back. They did 2 different sets back then, mine were the highest I think. From memory they were only around 10mm lower than standard (they were claimed to be 30mm drop, but I think spring manufactures compare to rev1 which was higher).
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

Mr2ben has Sach's springs that are supposed to be the same as oem for £114 + p&p for a pair of fronts.

http://www.mr2-ben.co.uk/products/view/ ... -1989-1999
MR22

Post by MR22 »

[quote="HighwayStar"]I'm surprised Mr T say they can no longer supply springs themselves.. seems a major item to delete from stock. Have you tried a few different spares departments? [/quote]

I've double checked this and they are no longer available.

My Toyota dealer, who is really helpful on everthing MR2, says officially that most parts for the Mk2 are now being discontinued as they become 'out of stock'. The moral must be to buy parts you may need in the future, now.

Return to “Mechanical”