[Mk2] [Turbo] Air/Fuel sensor problem help please guys? mk2 rev3 turbo

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pkmr2

[Mk2] [Turbo] Air/Fuel sensor problem help please guys? mk2 rev3 turbo

Post by pkmr2 »

Hi All

As a rule my car is so reliable but I have just inherited a fault as from Sunday.

I've just fitted a samco turbo hose kit and I'm not sure if this is connected( I did notice the other day the idle seemed a little higher than usual around 1100 but only for a few minute)but on Sunday I was on my way to show when the car started hesitating/misfiring as I was doing 70 down the motorway. I pulled over and checked all the pipes they seemed ok there is one that I wasn't entirely happy with so I thought I would stay off boost and pop the old one back on later once everything had cooled down. I set back off on my journey and the car was ok for about 30 mins then started really mucking about the revs were dying then back upto 2500 then back I made it to a car park and immediately changed the intercooler to turbo pipe hose that I was not happy with started the car and it was fine did the car show then on the way home car was perfect for 40 mins then started performing exactly the same again then the orange engine warning light came on I think it was slightly better at this point I pulled over when I could then had another look no leaks it idled fine etc. I set off again and again after 30 mins it started again eventually I made it home with a few stops. Any ideas? Does it sound like a boost leak and the ecu is trying to over compensate or an air fuel sensor problem I did remove the sensor from the air filter to replace that hose from the filter to the turbo? Help, be gentle with me my tech knowledge as you might have guessed is limited? Someone has suggested to get a fault code read if poss.

Any pointers or help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Pete :thumleft:
markstevieandmads

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Air/Fuel sensor problem help please guys? mk2 rev3 turbo

Post by markstevieandmads »

Next time it does it try undoing the petrol cap. If it gets stuck or there is a MASSIVE suck of air then the problem lies with the fuel breathing g system.

The reason i mention it is coz I had exact same problem with a car (not mr2) and it ended up being the fuel vent being blocked.
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Ok I'll give it a go thanks :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

If engine light flashed I would assume it would store a code??

Checked codes??
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

jimGTS wrote:If engine light flashed I would assume it would store a code??

Checked codes??

Never done this before Jim i'll check the tech section on reading codes unless you are driving through Meopham in the next couple of days :pray:

Pete
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Ok I've managed to get outside in between the showers I've got three codes up 21,22 and 34 any help would be much appreciated :thumleft:
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Can someone give me a link to a fault code list please?

Thanks
Pete

Return to “Mechanical”