[FINALIZED] Mk.1 SC project for sale

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

coanda

Mk.1 SC project for sale

Post by coanda »

Well, The time has come to be realistic and admit defeat.

My supercharger has been in mid restoration for some time now - a couple of years.

It's A19 GUB and she's a T-top with folding rear view mirrors and AC. She's up to approximately 100k miles. She's been in this community for nearly her whole UK time and I would very much like to make sure she stays in the community and gets put back on the road.

After I bought her, I drove her for a while and she was faultless.

Some bodywork was needed in a couple of areas - underbody in front of the wheel arch, the top of the windscreen and the radiator support bar had been hit and popped the welds at some stage, given the rust there.

I took this as an 'opportunity' to get the bodywork done, do an exterior respray and generally completely overhaul the car. The bodywork and paintwork has been done - around 3k as I remember, and it was done really quite well. The body shop has a decent reputation - she shared the garage with E-types and early 911s.

The general overhaul was necessary - when I looked a little deeper, there was plenty of things that needed doing/correcting - for example the front bumper reinforcement bar wasn't bolted on, and the driver seatbelt recoil assembly was held on by the small bolt and a large metric bolt in an imperial hole....

Unfortunately long working hours a long commute, two other cars and a complete upheaval due to a break-up got in the way, and now I need to clear out of the unit she is being stored in.

What's good

-Bodywork and paintwork in excellent condition - the car came to me in a non-Toyota really dark blue. I chose to paint it in a slightly lighter RAL blue colour - why? because it's easy to get hold of that paint anywhere, I like dark blue, and I think that the non-metallic colour will be mirror like when polished.

-Engine in great shape with NoS or refurbed parts - intention was to use a cone filter so original airbox and piping is gone. Engine is out and on engine stand. I have a spare set of supercharger cam covers - all need refurbing. also comes with a set of silicone hoses that were available for a while

-Original gearbox had slight 2nd gear crunch so I got a replacement which I'm told is perfectly fine (and I have the oil for it), both gearboxes available.
-New radiator and set of silicone pipes installed

-Nearly new tyres

- New front and rear bumper reinforcing bars both painted in POR20 for protection

-Brand new HKS exhaust back box (needs a link pipe - there's also a really loud back box of some kind which was fitted when i bought it)

-Recaro fishnet type seats - same pattern as options on Mk.2s (some bolsters are a bit worn, but I have spares which are not worn)

-I have seat mounts and rails for the seats - but you can still buy seat mounts from bride and I believe they are compatible with recaro seats and rails - the mounts I have are JDM and could be a little high

- Leather coverings for the dashboard, glove box cover, instrument binnacle, handbrake and seatbelt locks.

- Apexi front camber adjustable top mounts

- Pagid refurbed rear brake calipers still in the box

- everything required to refurbish both front and rear brake calipers

- new inner/outer steering rods

- set of suspension components (not hubs) to be refurbed whilst the old ones are still on the car

Still required

- set of suspension struts/springs etc. I had to use the HSD struts I bought on my Mk.2. The old front coilovers will be fitted to the front of the supercharger so it can be moved - it still has its old struts at the rear.

- set of suspension bushes

- tidy-up of engine bay

I'm happy to talk more / take photos to those who are serious about finishing this off - it really is mostly an assembly job but I'm just not around to do it.

I'm looking for £2500

I can't deliver it, but will help you load. Unfortunately most of it is in one unit, and the rest is at my old house. It's probably going to be a two trip job anyway - all the parts are boxed up at the unit. And what's in my old garage is easily packed.
Last edited by coanda on Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1988 JDM AW11 SC - In the middle of restoration and repaint.

1998 UK SW20 Rev.5 - A nice daily driver with some cool bits and pieces.
coanda

Re: [FINALIZED] Mk.1 SC project for sale

Post by coanda »

Before the refurb began...

I can't find the post bodywork/paint ones right now...

Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Ahh man, sorry to see this up for sale. Hope it finds a good home. If I didn't have 2 mk1s, a gt86 and an old Corolla, I'd be all over this.

Good luck with the sale :thumleft:

Ps, might be useful to say where you are located
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
coanda

Post by coanda »

Cheers Ollie.

Yes, it's a somewhat sad realisation, but I prefer seeing them on the road. and who knows, I might get another shot at owning her in future.

OK, I'm in Bristol, but chassis and parts are spread between a unit near to M5 J14 and Calne, Wilts.

autobody
Premium Member

Post by autobody »

O wow my old car. So regretted selling this and said to myself if it was for sale I would buy it back.

Will send you a PM
coanda

Post by coanda »

Hey all,

Unfortunately I couldn't get to the unit this weekend - I have had to work through. Hopefully, next weekend I'll be able to get to both the unit and my garage.

Thanks for all the interest shown. Still set on seeing her go to a good home.

coanda

coanda

Post by coanda »

I'm pleased to say she's gone to a great home! I am really looking forward to seeing her finished!

Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”