Tips gauge settings etc for rev 2

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

caldridge7

Tips gauge settings etc for rev 2

Post by caldridge7 »

Anyone know the measurements for a mr2 mk2 rev 2 3sge UK throttle position sensor with a feeler gauge and multimeter !?

Kind regards

Charlie
2mad

Re: Tips gauge settings etc for rev 2

Post by 2mad »

its in the online bgb ... ive helped people before with this ... getting the muti meter prongs into the sensor and doing the feeler gauge its tricky ... two man job for sure ... good luck
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Have a look through should be in there ... http://mr2.ie/mr2/bgb/mk2/mechanical/in ... nical.html

Probably in electrical ... http://mr2.ie/mr2/bgb/mk2/electrical/in ... rical.html

If i had the time id find it for you :(
Pauln

Post by Pauln »

2mad wrote:its in the online bgb ... ive helped people before with this ... getting the muti meter prongs into the sensor and doing the feeler gauge its tricky ... two man job for sure ... good luck

Best dodge I found was to make up a short jumper lead with chock block at one end to clamp onto the multi meter prongs and small spades at the other to attach to the pins on the sensor. Still a bit fiddly geting the spades on by "feel". But it does make it a lot easier single handed :D

Paul
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Pauln wrote:
2mad wrote:its in the online bgb ... ive helped people before with this ... getting the muti meter prongs into the sensor and doing the feeler gauge its tricky ... two man job for sure ... good luck

Best dodge I found was to make up a short jumper lead with chock block at one end to clamp onto the multi meter prongs and small spades at the other to attach to the pins on the sensor. Still a bit fiddly geting the spades on by "feel". But it does make it a lot easier single handed :D

Paul

I had a spare tps connector ... did the same thing ish .. like this ... Image
caldridge7

Post by caldridge7 »

Anyone know of anyone local around Lincolnshire that can do it as I have no time tbh

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”