Re: 7 day offer!!

Post by Martin F »

Madmattyturner wrote:£6500

:-) let's put this in perspective....

Wheels and tyres 1200
Ecu & harness 1200
Turbo kit 1800
Suspension 800

Instead of lowering the price by 2k why don't you spend £300 getting the car mapped then selling it as a genuine ??? bhp car and asking your original price :?
Madmattyturner

Re: 7 day offer!!

Post by Madmattyturner »

Martin F wrote:
Madmattyturner wrote:£6500

:-) let's put this in perspective....

Wheels and tyres 1200
Ecu & harness 1200
Turbo kit 1800
Suspension 800

Instead of lowering the price by 2k why don't you spend £300 getting the car mapped then selling it as a genuine ??? bhp car and asking your original price :?

Hi Martin,

Fair words.... 2 issues... I haven't the time to get it sorted and 2 there is no guarantee that it would give me a higher asking price. Then it means I'm ploughing more money into a car I want to sell.
ashley

Re: [FINALIZED] MR2 TurboT BAR 500+ Bhp 1993 massive Spec £ offers

Post by ashley »

What exhaust housing is the turbo?

I think you're problem is advertising it as 500+bhp, when the spec (ignoring NOS) is probably more like 400hp. Sure- it may well make 500hp with a 125 shot of NOS, but you've never done it....why not?

I'd say go and map it, then it should make the cash you're asking....as is most folk on here will look at it as too much of an unknown/ risk...why build such a high spec car and not do the final bit and map it? Makes no sense unless you know something we don't?

None of this meant as criticism, hopefully helpful advice...go get it mapped mate :thumleft:
kennym

?

Post by kennym »

So,..... nobodys gonna use the V word?
androo007

Post by androo007 »

2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

I'll give you £1,000 for the turbo kit right now just what I'm after
Madmattyturner

Re: ?

Post by Madmattyturner »

kennym wrote:So,..... nobodys gonna use the V word?

Wondered how long it would take someone.
Madmattyturner

Post by Madmattyturner »

Gee Man wrote:I'll give you £1,000 for the turbo kit right now just what I'm after

I've already given someone first refusal on it should I go down the breaking route. An £1000 wouldn't lift it anyway to be honest.
Madmattyturner

Post by Madmattyturner »

ashley wrote:What exhaust housing is the turbo?

I think you're problem is advertising it as 500+bhp, when the spec (ignoring NOS) is probably more like 400hp. Sure- it may well make 500hp with a 125 shot of NOS, but you've never done it....why not?

I'd say go and map it, then it should make the cash you're asking....as is most folk on here will look at it as too much of an unknown/ risk...why build such a high spec car and not do the final bit and map it? Makes no sense unless you know something we don't?

None of this meant as criticism, hopefully helpful advice...go get it mapped mate :thumleft:

Fair points, but me spending another £300 doesn't mean I'm going to get it sold at that price. If I map it and take the time I don't have to sort that out then I'll be keeping it rather than selling. Hence the reason for the sale. I don't take any of it as Critism, but didn't appreciate the "maybe you know something we don't". How could I take that one well? But freedom of speech is something I can appreciate :-)

If I only made 400bhp out of the car id be heart broken!! The Motorsport company that built it guarantee that it can make an easy 500 :-). I'd be pretty trusting of that.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Madmattyturner wrote:

If I only made 400bhp out of the car id be heart broken!! The Motorsport company that built it guarantee that it can make an easy 500 :-). I'd be pretty trusting of that.

Who did the build? It wasn't that \\\\\\\\\\\\\\L@@K\\\\\\\\\\\\ place in bradford was it?
Madmattyturner

Post by Madmattyturner »

aussieGT wrote:
Madmattyturner wrote:

Who did the build? It wasn't that \\\\\\\\\\\\\\L@@K\\\\\\\\\\\\ place in bradford was it?

Momentum Motorsport Lisburn Northern Ireland.... If there is any place in the United Kingdom that can do things better than these guys..... I'd love to know where it is. Absolutely unreal!!
ashley

Post by ashley »

Madmattyturner wrote:

Fair points, but me spending another £300 doesn't mean I'm going to get it sold at that price. If I map it and take the time I don't have to sort that out then I'll be keeping it rather than selling. Hence the reason for the sale. I don't take any of it as Critism, but didn't appreciate the "maybe you know something we don't". How could I take that one well? But freedom of speech is something I can appreciate :-)

My apologies- genuinely didn't mean it come across like that- was trying to illustrate the type of questions potential buyers would be thinking based on what you've advertised. Sorry!
Madmattyturner

Post by Madmattyturner »

ashley wrote:
Madmattyturner wrote:

My apologies- genuinely didn't mean it come across like that- was trying to illustrate the type of questions potential buyers would be thinking based on what you've advertised. Sorry!

No problem whatsoever Ashley.... I sure you didn't. If I sold the car and anything wasn't as described is happily pay for anything tone rectified, issue full refund, etc. I'm selling this because I really haven't the time or headspace for it anymore. I just can't be bothered anymore. It's certainly not the money....as I'm losing bucket loads, I just want it up the road tone honest. :-) I appreciate the feedback.....This has to be the best forum around.... And it's the blokes on here that make it that, including yourself!
Madmattyturner

Post by Madmattyturner »

Car sold pending collection. Deposit taken :-)
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”