Evening peeps

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

LouisePiggin

Evening peeps

Post by LouisePiggin »

Just bought my first mk1!! It's been a long time coming :)

Few quick q's:

I'm going to be wanting a Buddy club rep lip and tom's scoop, where is the best place to get them.

I wanted to do a kind of ram air type thing with the tom's scoop, think someone did that before when I googled it. Anyone here done it? Any tips/pics?

Also alloys wise I've found a set I love, I wanted 15's but they only come in 16's so I'm going for 16's. They are 16x7.5 ET25, i'll pop 195/45/16 tyres on but will these alloys fit fine with no issues.

Lastly are winter tyres worth it? does anyone run them?

P.s when I say I want to do things, I mean I'll be helping my hubby do them

#-o

Thanks

Lou
PW@Woodsport

Re: Evening peeps

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Hi Lou, i supply my own version of the BC lip which is a two piece OEM style.

I also supply the left side scoop.

There is a 7-10 day lead time on their production, PM me if you wish to order, thanks Paul.

16's in that offset should be fine, i don't tend to run my Mr2s over winter so can't really help on that one, the salty roads kill them!
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Welcome to the club.

I run my car all year round, hence probably needing all the welding each year. I have never needed winter tyres, but to be fair if its snowing I do tend to go in the 4x4 instead, but otherwise, water, leaves, slush etc I have driven in it.

A decent set of tyres should be sufficient provided you don't go mental.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
LouisePiggin

Post by LouisePiggin »

Hi Paul

Ah awesome, I'll just order my wheels then I'll give you an email PM.

With the wheels I just want them flush with the arches, I've tried to work it out on the calculators online but i'm still a bit confused by it all.

The specs are 16x7.5 and I'll run 195/45/16's, what offset would give me the flush look?

Your products look great, have you ever done a ram air type thing with the scoop? I saw you once did a intake where the fuel cap is? Bet that was a lot of work!
LouisePiggin

Post by LouisePiggin »

Tiamat wrote:Welcome to the club.

I run my car all year round, hence probably needing all the welding each year. I have never needed winter tyres, but to be fair if its snowing I do tend to go in the 4x4 instead, but otherwise, water, leaves, slush etc I have driven in it.

A decent set of tyres should be sufficient provided you don't go mental.

Yeah I've it booked it for a very thorough underseal and it should just be this year as my daily then after I'll hope to just get a cheap winter car each year.

Getting brand new alloys so I think I'll try some winter ones as I'm intrigued so may as well give em a bash
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

195s are ideal on a 7.5" rim. As to whether they will sit flush depends on the offset. A lower offset will help, ideally around 10mm less than stock which someone will need to remind me of.

I've run winter tyres for the last two years on my GT86. I've found them to be more of a disadvantage than an advantage so not bothering with them this year.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

Lauren wrote:195s are ideal on a 7.5" rim. As to whether they will sit flush depends on the offset. A lower offset will help, ideally around 10mm less than stock which someone will need to remind me of.

I've run winter tyres for the last two years on my GT86. I've found them to be more of a disadvantage than an advantage so not bothering with them this year.

here comes the worst winter in decades :lol:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”