[Mk2] [NA] Zeta R or HSD Monopro?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

coanda

[Mk2] [NA] Zeta R or HSD Monopro?

Post by coanda »

These will go on a Rev5 NA which will mostly see road use, and is not super low.

Can anyone comment on which would be the better quality?

I will refresh/refurb the rest of the suspension at the same time.

Your help making a decision is appreciated!

coanda
1988 JDM AW11 SC - In the middle of restoration and repaint.

1998 UK SW20 Rev.5 - A nice daily driver with some cool bits and pieces.
Donato

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Zeta R or HSD Monopro?

Post by Donato »

I've had good experience and bad experiences with both of these coilovers. Would recommend MeisterR all day long.
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I ordered some H&R's from Germany although that might be a bit out of your price range.
Rassiel

Post by Rassiel »

+1 on Meister R, nice on the road. 10 months over bumpy roads on mine and i dont have any complaints.
Also i have to say the comunication with the seller was excellent.
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

I've had HSDs on two different cars now (one set of DT's and one set of monopro) and can highly recommend them, Driftworks customer service is excellent too - I had my mono's supplied with different spring rates at no extra cost

short of spending lots more money on something like Ohlins, apexi N1 etc you can't beat them.
EX MR2 owner, currently on a '00 Honda CBR600 Follow me on Instagram @c35rob
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Apexi N1 are probably the worst coilover choice for a road car, felt like i'd fitted no suspension at all. jdm ohlins almost as bad, both the phoenix power ones and the soqui/ohlins ones.
coanda

Post by coanda »

Thanks all.

Seems fairly even then.

I didn't realise H&R do a set for the SW20. I shall check them out too - what's been your experience with them?

I have also had a good experience buying from Driftworks. I actually have a set of SW20 monopros half fitted to my AW11 - realising the mods required.

One thing I am hoping is that whatever I go for, they'll be a bit better on space than the TEIN Super streets that are currently on the car. The wider front wheels mean I need 8mm spacers so that the rims clear the suspension, this means I could also do with wider front wings so anything I can do to move the wheels back in will be a big saving. I don't know if the set-up is using the double camber adjuster trick to help out with this - something else to check out.

I also expect that the ride comfort will improve over the TEINS!
1988 JDM AW11 SC - In the middle of restoration and repaint.

1998 UK SW20 Rev.5 - A nice daily driver with some cool bits and pieces.

Return to “Modifications”