[Mk2] [Generic] Wheel offsets and coilovers

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

gavsdavs

[Mk2] [Generic] Wheel offsets and coilovers

Post by gavsdavs »

Question for rev2 geometry experts.

I'm considering putting coilovers on my mk2, rev2, and it's been pointed out to me that the physical position of a coilover is not the same as my bilsteins.

My front wheels are not the ideal fitting for the SW20, the offset of the fronts is too high but i can just get away with it without fitting spacers.

Fronts are 17*7.5, ET45. I fit 205/40/17s.
Rears are 17*8.5, ET35. I fit 245/35/17s.

The top of the front tyres is within a couple of mm of the underside of the spring seats. It's so close I can't fit a 205/45/17 front, which is the tyre I would prefer to run.

So - the question is - with my front wheel offsets - can I fit coiloovers, or are the wheels in the wrong place ?

(Thanks to Rob Butcher for the warning)

Gavs.
Torero

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Wheel offsets and coilovers

Post by Torero »

Hi Gavin,

I ran 8JJ front and 9JJ rears when it was in standard body form and the coilovers actually gave me more space.

The wheel specs are here http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... light=rays

If you want to call round to mine and try your new wheels with my coilovers then you're welcome.
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
gavsdavs

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Wheel offsets and coilovers

Post by gavsdavs »

Cheers John.

Right now I'm not sure the car will be able to leave the garage if it got coilovers fitted. Might need spacers immediately.

Gavs

Return to “Modifications”