[Mk2] [Turbo] ferrari f430 replica

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

micarus

[Mk2] [Turbo] ferrari f430 replica

Post by micarus »

Hi guys, just about to start a Ferrari 430 replica and wondered if there where anymore sad buggers like me out there on this forum?
Car donor is a 92 turbo gts and I intend to go the full nine yards on it.

Cheers MIKE.

:shock:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] ferrari f430 replica

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Many kitted MR2 on here mate, very few Ferrari reps though. Have you bought the kit yet?
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Oh jesus, I hope you brought your flame suit!

If you want my advice, look at your budget, double it to be on the safe side and then look at what very very decent actual proper cars you could have for the money.

What is the build cost for a fake 430? Are you going full retard with interior, brakes, fezza badges etc as well?

I see your :shock: and raise you a :lol:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

And welcome!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Really, you could buy a nice bomex kit or even go for a rarer kit like do-luck or something or TRD, spend a shedload on getting that right and also engine mods and have a real beast of an MR2 that will get some credit and respect. The ferrari reps just die a death on here as the car is a Toyota MR2, not a Ferrari. The MR2 specific kits do not try to make the car something it is not, it stays an MR2, but do change the looks drastically.

People are mainly enthusiastic about the Toyota MR2 and all its different kits on here, or keeping them pristine standard.. Or standard looks but heavy engine mods... So much can be done with them modding wise, so much is available, if you have not committed to buy a ferrari kit yet just have a look around is all I would say. Or you could spend a lot and sit feeling paranoid that people know your car is a pretend ferrari.. When it could be a monster of an MR2 instead. But then if it is really what you want to do, your choice to go that route. Not many people like my Veilside kit but it was what I wanted and still continue to go with now.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

The bit I kind of understand is when the Ferrari kitted MR2 is parked, maybe nine out of ten of the general public will walk past it and be fooled into thinking it's a Ferrari and the odd child might get excited but the one out of ten (the petrolhead) won't be and he/she'll walk around it pointing and laughing at all the wrong bits which will and always will stick out like a sore thumb. No matter what happens, it's proportions will always be wrong and it's always going to be pretending.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

money and time is your choice.

some have even fitted V6 engines to give a similar sound to a ferrari.

i would like to see a kitted one without the decals, fake discs and ferrari rep wheels on silly spacers.

however with no badges, real big brake setup, a 2GR turbo engine and some JDM rims could look nice!

but to be blunt, ferrari reps are not popular on here (or any mr2 site to be fair).

but as said, your money, so your choice.
craig

Post by craig »

jimGTS wrote:

however with no badges, real big brake setup, a 2GR turbo engine and some JDM rims could look nice!

That alone^ is massive money! 2GR-FE 3.5L V6 is an expensive conversion, but turbocharged as well, megabucks! Not to mention the fact, you'd probably have to lay out £9K on a 2009 Lexus RX350, for the engine :mrgreen:

Welcome to the site Mike, unfortunately, I'm not into the fake Ferrari thing either. Would be much nicer to have a nice clean, modified MR2, but as said, that decision lies entirely with you. :thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Must admit they do look clever but so does jumping out a airplane with a parachute .. i wont be doing that ether 8-[

Mr2 Ferrari reps are like tupay's .. not fooling anyone :lol:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

oh for sure, not cheap.
:mrgreen:

but this is the criteria for me to like/own one, ha.
craig

Post by craig »

jimGTS wrote:oh for sure, not cheap.
:mrgreen:

but this is the criteria for me to like/own one, ha.

Agreed. For one to work, you need more than a 2.0 in there!

In 2004, I saw a 3SFE auto with a 355 kit on it.

:twisted:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

beast!
craig

Post by craig »

I hung up my 'Ferrari kitting coat' after my 1st effort. I soon realised I wasn't fooling anybody.....

thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

RedMR² wrote:
jimGTS wrote:

That alone^ is massive money! 2GR-FE 3.5L V6 is an expensive conversion, but turbocharged as well, megabucks! Not to mention the fact, you'd probably have to lay out £9K on a 2009 Lexus RX350, for the engine :mrgreen:

Welcome to the site Mike, unfortunately, I'm not into the fake Ferrari thing either. Would be much nicer to have a nice clean, modified MR2, but as said, that decision lies entirely with you. :thumleft:

you can buy a crate 2gr for £5000 already in the uk nowadays
craig

Post by craig »

thomp1983 wrote:
RedMR² wrote:
jimGTS wrote:

you can buy a crate 2gr for £5000 already in the uk nowadays

Still a lot of dollar. What about manifolds/wiring looms/gearbox/ancillaries etc?

Then you'll probably have modified drive shafts to make up and the rest.
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

Comes as a complete ready kit from what i gather, no v6 requires custom shafts they all use mr2 gearboxes so the running gear is identical
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

I'm not a fan of Ferrari replicas, to put it politely.

Also every one ive seen has had stupidly big spacers because the owner has cheaped out on buying the correct offset wheels to fit the new wider body, pretty much says it all tbh.

2gr-fe's however............. =P~
craig

Post by craig »

2gr engines are the daddy of mr2 v6 conversions. =P~
micarus

f340 conversion

Post by micarus »

Thanks for the replies.
MIKE.
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

I personally dont think the 2GRFE is all that, I currently have one and im having some major issues with it.

The quality doesnt seem to be the best... Toyota/Lexus have done better imo

Return to “Modifications”